Voya Financial FDP-106

Options
Ekscentrix
Ekscentrix Member
edited October 2023 in Adding and Updating Accounts

My Voya account has been connected for months, and recently I had a connection issue. When trying to reconnect the account, I get the FDP-106 error. I've logged into the institutions website and checked that everything is working fine on their end. I also updated my password, and tried connecting again, but got the same error.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello @Ekscentrix,

Thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to Voya Financial in Simplifi.

To troubleshoot a 106 error, you'll first want to reset the connection:

1. Hover over the menu on the left-hand side and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Locate the Financial Institution that's experiencing the issue and select the three dots at the end of it.
    4. Select Reset connection and then click Reset.
      Note: At this point, your accounts are in a "disconnected" status. If you do not continue with the linking process, the accounts will remain disconnected and will need to be tracked manually.
    5. Enter the User ID and Password you use to sign in to your bank's website, then click Connect.
    6. Once your accounts are presented, make sure the Link to one or more existing accounts toggle is enabled, and the correct account is selected for linking. Please see here for more details on properly linking accounts.
      Note: If Simplifi brings in any additional accounts you don't want to be added, you can uncheck the box to the left of the account to ignore it.
    7. Click Add when done.

If you're unable to reconnect the account(s) when resetting the connection, you'll next want to make the account(s) fully manual by following the steps here. You'll then want to go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to Voya, and then carefully link the accounts found to your existing Simplifi accounts by following the steps here.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• LGM
    LGM Member ✭✭
    Options

I just had this same thing happen with my Voya. I tried the steps, but I am unable to get Voya to reconnect. This has happened in the past as well and after a few weeks it seems to correct itself. I think there is a connection problem with how you all access the Voya data. I am able to still log into my Voya using the online log-in directly on Voya and not on Simplifi.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Ekscentrix & @LGM,

It looks like the 106 error with Voya Financial is a known issue. We created a Community Alert that can be followed for updates:

We apologize that you're both experiencing this issue and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve it!

-Coach Natalie

• Strahan001
    Strahan001 Member ✭✭
    Options

As an FYI I am seeing the issue as well, with two seperate accounts, my wife and I both have accounts with our employeer.

• LGM
    LGM Member ✭✭
    Options

As an update on my end, it's working better than it ever has. I'm not sure what you all tweaked to make it work, but wanted to let you know it is working on my end much faster and reliable than it has in the past. If it breaks again, I will respond to this thread with another update.

This discussion has been closed.