Two different login accounts at Chase - how to connect? (edited)

Options
JSage
JSage Member ✭
edited September 2023 in Adding and Updating Accounts

Hi Everyone,

I have two separate login accounts at Chase Bank. One login contains multiple accounts - checking, savings, credit card, mortgage. The other login contains just one account.

I can set up the first login and see all four accounts. But when I setup the second login account, it "forgets" the login information for the first group of accounts and they become disconnected.

If I reconnect the first login account, all four accounts reappear. But the second login account then becomes disconnected.

Is there a way to set up two Chase Bank insititutions, each with its own login information?

Thanks very much!

John S

Best Answer

• JSage
    JSage Member ✭
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Hi Coach Natalie,

I apologize, my earlier reply looks like it disappeared. I probably forgot to click the Post button 😢

I appreciate your reply. I was able to find a work-around by configuring the second Chase account as an "Amazon Rewards" account, which uses a Chase login. I entered my second set of credentials and my Chase credit card showed up, so I was able to add it as a connected account while still keeping my other four accounts connected with their separate set of credentials.

Have a great day!

John S

Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @JSage,

Thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with Chase in Simplifi.

Although Chase does use an API to connect in Simplifi, which I suspect may be part of the issue, you should still be able to connect two separate sets of credentials and accounts. I'd like to go ahead and get what you're seeing escalated; to do so, please provide the following information:

1. The names of the accounts for the first set of credentials, as they appear in Simplifi.
    2. The name of the account under the second set of credentials, as it appears in Simplifi.
    3. The names of the accounts for the first set of credentials, as they appear on the bank's website.
    4. The name of the account under the second set of credentials, as it appears on the bank's website.
    5. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page for each set of credentials from the bank's website. This is the page that lists all accounts and balances, and you'll want to take it with a wide enough scope to show the full page URL. Please provide two β€” one for each login.

If you prefer to share any of this information privately, you may send it to me via a DM here in the Community. πŸ™‚

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.