Pai Member
edited September 2023 in Feedback

Please add a column for check numbers.

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Back when I opened my current checking account in 2018, they gave me these funny booklets of paper they called checks, they gave me 2 sets of about 25. I still haven't figure out what to do with them.

From watching the news, I know you absolutely do not want to put these checks in the u.s. mail, people, possibly usps workers, are stealing these checks and washing the ink off of them and then claiming the checks as their own (stealing thousands from people's bank accounts).

When I need to "mail a check", I use my bank's "bill pay" function, and the bank mails a check that is secure, without costing me anything like postage.

I'm kind of shocked to hear people use checks in the 21st century.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Pai,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with the Community!

I'd suggest adding your vote and feedback to our existing request for a check number column:

In the meantime, we suggest using the 'Notes' column for check numbers: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3569750-how-to-add-and-remove-columns

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@robwilk I have a few things I still use checks for. I pay a Boy Scout to remove snow from my driveway and sidewalks that I don't generally have enough cash for. My hair dresser is a very small business and has no card reader. That sort of thing.

But I haven't had to order new checks in perhaps a decade.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

This discussion has been closed.