How to identify which Space I'm using? (edited)

Options
hawpy
hawpy Member
edited October 2023 in Using Space Sharing

I just started using shared spaces today. I manage two households. Seems simple enough to switch between spaces, but I don't see any way to quickly and visually determine the space I'm working in. There isn't even a title on the dashboard.

The same issue exists with the mobile app. There's nothing there (like a title at the top) to help me determine which space is open.

What I'm experimenting with for a work around (web only) is using the light theme on one space, and the dark theme on the other.

I managed these two households using Quicken and could quickly see which file I had open by using the "Tab Color Scheme" in Quicken.

So maybe there could be additional themes for Simplifi web and mobile?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @hawpy,

Thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

You should be able to easily determine which Space you're on by viewing the Profile menu on both the Web and Mobile Apps, as well as easily switch between Spaces from this same place:

You can also determine what Space you're on, as well as switch Spaces, from the Web App by navigating to Settings > Spaces & Sharing, which is what's outlined in our Support Article here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6443103-how-to-share-your-simplifi-data

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @hawpy

I see that you’re managing finances for two households and are using spaces to do it. I too find myself temporarily doing this and have a few questions for you.

• After learning how to switch spaces, have you found this feature to be usable for this situation?
    • Do your two households stay completely separate?
    • Any advise for someone who’s new to this situation you can provide?

Thank you so much for your time.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • hawpy
    hawpy Member
    Options

@Flopbot

Yes, switching spaces is easy to setup, and easy to use..

Because I keep the two households finances completely seperate, using shared spaces is workable solution. I did this in Quicken with two separate files.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@hawpy

After some playing, I'm really liking this feature. This solution is soooo much better than my prior solution (one household's account on my phone and the other on my tablet). My one takeaway is that both households must have an active, paid Simplifi account. Is this what you've found as well? I couldn't see anyway to make the one account - mine - pull double duty and still keep things separated.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.