Unable to import Apple Savings statements (edited)

Options
Cmac
Cmac Member

Problem: My Apple manual savings account won’t let me import monthly statements. 

Everything works fine with my manual checking account. FYI, this is using iPad/Safari. Also, apparently on iPhone mobile you can’t download statements (at least I didn’t find a way).

Thanks, Charles

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Cmac,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties importing transactions from Apple Savings in Simplifi.

To clarify, are you selecting the "Apple Card" option when importing? I'm not sure if this option is mandatory for Apple's new Savings accounts, but I would assume it is. Also, you cannot alter the file from Apple at all or it won't import. Our Support Article on importing transactions states:

• If importing from Mint, Personal Capital, or Apple Card, DO NOT alter the downloaded file.
    • You must select the Apple Card option if you're importing from Apple Card specifically.

The Support Article is available here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4413430-how-to-manually-import-transactions

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Cmac
    Cmac Member
    Options

Yes, follow the correct procedure (same way I import from Apple Card ‘credit card’), but it won’t work.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Cmac,

Thanks for confirming!

To clarify, have you ever imported your Apple Savings statement in Simplifi for prior months, or is this your first time trying? If the latter, have you tried using our CSV template instead, by chance? Since I'm not sure if the "Apple Card" option will work for Apple Savings accounts, trying the generic import option would be advisable as well.

-Coach Natalie

• Cmac
    Cmac Member
    Options

Yes, have been trying since opening the account (~4 statements). Tried the ‘CVS…’ same result. Thanks

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @Cmac,

Thanks for confirming!

At this point, I'd suggest contacting Chat Support directly for more advanced assistance. They have the ability to engage in a screen-sharing session with you, which will allow us to walk you through the different import options to see if we can get those statements to import for you.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

If they're unable to resolve things, they'll be able to get it escalated. It could be that Apple Savings statements aren't yet supported and a workaround needs to be identified and/or a fix needs to be implemented. I was hoping other users with Apple Savings accounts would post on this topic, but no such luck so far.

Please let us know how it goes with Chat Support!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.