Unable to connect to Betterment.com (edited)

Options
Ebo11
Ebo11 Member

While I can find betterment.com in the list of institutions for which I can add an account, Simplifi is failing to make the connection despite confirming my username and password.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @Ebo11,

Thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to Betterment in Simplifi.

I went ahead and moved this out of Missing Financial Institutions, as Betterment is already supported in Simplifi. Instead, we'd want to troubleshoot the issue you're experiencing and help you get connected. With that said, it does look like Betterment has some special steps:

Betterment

Betterment offers customers the ability to create an App-Specific Password. So, if you're experiencing trouble adding your accounts to Simplifi, please ensure you're using the correct password. To confirm whether you have an App-Specific Password, follow the below steps:

1. Sign in to the Betterment website.
    2. Go to Settings > Security.
    3. Scroll down to the section called App Passwords.
    4. Follow the steps to create an App Password for Simplifi (Quicken).
    5. Add accounts to Simplifi using the new password.

Since you're receiving a 103 error as far as I can tell, which indicates invalid credentials, it sounds like this is what you'll need to do in order to connect in Simplifi. These steps are outlined in our Known Issues article here.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Ebo11
    Options

Thank you Natalie, this resolved the issue!

This discussion has been closed.