Manual investments price editing is broken after the last update

Options
lorddragox
lorddragox Member
edited November 2023 in Report a Bug

After the last update app is not allowing to edit "price per share" for manually tracked investments. It was working just fine and was allowing you to edit amount of shares and price manually and total value was calculated. Now the "price per share" field disappeared and total value is shown as $0 (as on the screenshot), which makes this feature not usable - please fix it.

I believe it's the same issues as described here, but it closed by som reason without the fix -

[removed link - different topic]

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @lorddragox,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior with manual holdings in Simplifi.

I'm not personally experiencing any trouble with the 'Price per share' populating when adding or editing a manual holding. Would you mind providing the ticker symbol that you're using, please?

-Coach Natalie

• lorddragox
    Options

It's a symbol not available in the search results (not traded in the US). What I realized is that I can't add such stocks anymore (as you see "Add" button is not available). I'm pretty sure that feature was working previously, as it was how I created the manual investment account and symbol there before.

• Coach Natalie
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @lorddragox,

Ahh yes, I see what you're experiencing now, and am easily able to reproduce it.

You're right that this ability definitely used to be available, so I went ahead and got the behavior reported. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back. In the meantime, it looks like this works properly on the Simplifi Mobile App. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-17881

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @lorddragox,

Great news! A fix for this is expected with the 3.86.0 Web Release.

-Coach Natalie

• MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie - Was the ability to adjust share price for manual holdings resolved in 3.86.0?

I'm on web 3.87.1 and I am still unable to edit the share price.

• Coach Natalie
    edited September 2023
    Options

@MrGood, it works for me —

I'm sure it's not the case, but it looks as though you're selecting a valid ticker symbol where it locks the price. Have you tried re-creating the "company name" or deleting the existing manual holdings under that name and re-adding them or anything along those lines? You can even try tweaking the existing name just a bit to create something completely new and see if that works. 😀

-Coach Natalie

• MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie - I can add a manual holding and specify a share price, as you’ve been able to also replicate. HOWEVER, the issue I am experiencing is updating/editing the share price on a manual holding after the initial creation. I can confirm that there is no known public ticker on the holding I am selecting.

If you proceed with your example above (using “New Test” holding), are you able to EDIT the share price after you’ve created the holding (on the “Edit Holding” modal)? I used to be able to do this on a manually connected 529 account in prior web app versions.

• Coach Natalie
    edited October 2023
    Options

@MrGood, I understand and am able to reproduce the issue with editing. I'm not sure if this was a design change or not, but I got it reported. I'll let you know when I hear back. In the meantime, it looks like this still works properly on the mobile app. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-18275

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@MrGood, a fix for the editing issue is expected with the 3.88.0 Web Release.

-Coach Natalie

• MrGood
    MrGood Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's working again. Thank you to you and the team for resolving this.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@MrGood, awesome! 🎉

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.