Missing Fidelity accounts

Options
2»

Comments

• sfitch
    Options

Was not successful at adding Roth IRA, but I was able to add my SIMPLE IRA and HSA which were not working previously.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@ulimerckrr, thanks! It looks like you're running into the dreaded 105 error with Fidelity (they block us at market open and close — see here). I did get you added to the ticket and sent your logs. However, can you give it another try in a bit and get me a screenshot of the account discovery screen that's missing the Roth IRA account once the 105 error clears up? 🙏

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@sfitch and anyone else who is unable to add their Fidelity IRA or Roth IRA accounts in Quicken Simplifi after trying today, please provide the following info so we can add you to the ticket:

1. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    2. The name of the account as it appears on the bank's website.
    3. If the issue is occurring on an existing Quicken Simplifi account, the name of the account as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    4. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    5. A screenshot of the Add Account screen in Quicken Simplifi showing that the IRA account is not found at account discovery.

And please also submit your logs:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Memisd
    Options

issue was resolved once I deleted and added my Fidelity account. Thank you for addressing this issue!

• ulimerckrr
    ulimerckrr Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Here's the look a things, post 105

[removed images - privacy]

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ulimerckrr, thanks! 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

nope -

tried - Delete Institution - and then Add Account — Fidelity
    still only found -
    - Brokerage
    - Trad IRA (2)
    - 403b account

still missing 2 Roth IRA accounts -

• danintherc
    Options

Sent Coach Natalie Screen shots and Feedback requested

• RiversideKid
    RiversideKid Member ✭✭
    Options

Our Roth accounts did not reconnect. Our checking, brokerage, rollover IRA, 403B and credit card accounts all connected.

How do I reconnect an account that I had set to manual? I had followed a troubleshooting article that indicated to do so. I now have one Roth disconnected and one Roth set to manual.

Do you need more examples?

Quicken for Windows user since 1994 (After MYM for DOS)
    Simplifi by Quicken since 2023

• Bruce H.
    Options

I just opened my Simplifi account this morning (11/12). My Fidelity roth IRAs are not appearing when I attach Fidelity. Rollover IRAs, Brokerage accounts, and credit card account appear. I tried deleting and reinstalling multiple times but the roth IRAs do not show up in the list list of accounts.

You ask about activity in the last 90 days. Is investment income reinvestment considered activity? If so the accounts should be considered active.

The one thing that is unique about these two accounts, other than being roth IRAs, is that I edited the names of the accounts on Fidelities page. I changed them back but there was not difference (could be some kind of data update delay at fidelity that has to rattle through the system?). Just set logs.

• RFL281
    RFL281 Member
    Options

Still can’t add the Roth, unfortunately. It’s the only Fidelity account I have, but when I try to add Fidelity, I get the “already added all accounts” message (which is zero accounts).

• btsmith52
    btsmith52 Member ✭✭
    Options

I can get my IRAs and brokerage accounts, but not the Roth. My initial connection did not even get the IRA accounts. Tried a week later and got the IRAs. Perhaps they are working on it.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, it looks like the only account type that should still be experiencing an issue is Roth IRA accounts (with both Fidelity and Vanguard). They're working on the issue, and we hope to have more updates/a resolution soon. Once we receive confirmation, we'll update the Alert accordingly.

In the meantime, we'll add a comment here if we need more examples. However, I think we are good on examples at this time after adding your info, @danintherc.

Thanks, everyone!

-Coach Natalie

• ulimerckrr
    Options

@pkp appreciate you

• bi11
    bi11 Member
    Options

confirmed. I have the same issue and the fix worked for me

• btsmith52
    btsmith52 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yep. Worked for me. Suggests for some STRANGE reason Fidelity was filtering out the accounts by display name . . . . . bizarre.

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

wonder if it works for the same missing Vanguard Roth IRA accounts

don't think so -
    just looked and my Vanguard accounts can't be renamed - like they can in Fidelity

• danintherc
    Options

This worked for me Too! Thanks for tracking that workaround down.

• Palavis
    Palavis Member ✭✭
    Options

It worked for me too :). Just renaming the ROTH account name in Fidelity and refreshing the connection, was able to see both the accounts (Traditional IRA and ROTH). Haven't tried for Vanguard, am not sure how to change the name in there :))

Thanks for sharing

• FabianW
    Options

Hi,

Are the the Roth account in Fidelity supported? I don't see them as available accounts to download. I was able to migrate everything from Mint, including other accounts from Fidelity, except the Roth ones.

Could you please clarify if this is a known issue? Thank you!

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@FabianW - as mentioned in this thread and various other postings -
    yes - there is a problem with recognizing ROTH accounts.

As mentioned above - if you go to the Fidelity website - and rename your ROTH accounts to something else - it will work -
    It's like the ROTH text acts as some kind of filter and blocks Simplifi from seeing the Fidelity ROTH accounts -

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think that both the Fidelity and Vanguard Roth IRA issues have been resolved - 11/19

This discussion has been closed.