Add support for European and Fintech Banks

Options
Stefan Stoyanov
edited September 2023 in Feature Requests

Simplifi is fantastic, especially for use by US residents. However, given our current circumstances, we're living in multiple locations and maintain accounts in banks both in Europe and the United States. Additionally, my spouse is currently residing in Europe for a period of time. Financials don't go on holidays, though.

It would be an excellent upgrade to the platform, if it could integrate with European aggregators such as SaltEdge (or similar). Pretty please ๐Ÿ˜Š

Additionally, while it's not an urgent matter for our household, it would also be helpful if Simplifi allowed for downloading its apps from European app stores.

1 votes

Active ยท Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Stefan Stoyanov,

Thanks for posting your requests to the Community!

Unfortunately, your request doesn't provide a whole lot of insight as to what specific banks you're looking for, and parts of it may not be in the correct place. When it comes to reporting a missing financial institution, you'll want to provide just one bank per request, as well as provide the URL used when signing in on the bank's website. Is Fintech a bank? If so, what's the URL and we can turn this into a request for that specific bank?

Otherwise, if you have other specific banks you'd like to connect to, please create a new post for each one โ€”

If you're looking for a specific aggregator, I'd say go ahead and submit a Missing Financial Institution request for that as well. And if you're looking for support in Europe as a general, please go ahead and create a Feature Request post for this and outline how it would benefit you and your family (just like you did above). Although we have an existing request for multiple currencies, I'm not seeing one for support outside of the U.S.

As a side note, though, I don't think there are any plans at this time to add support outside of the U.S. But submitting a request where other users can vote and add their feedback won't hurt! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Coach Natalie

• Hey Natalie, deciding how to suggest a particular bank was a tough call. We work with numerous banks in Europe, and it doesn't seem practical for Simplifi to reach out to each of them individually, especially with aggregator options available. On the flip side, mentioning an aggregator's name might not create much buzz within the community since hardly anyone is familiar with aggregator names.

I've re-shared this in the feature request section. Thanks for the guidance.