Phone number obfuscation problem with Michigan Educational CU (edited)

Options
Vans
Vans Member

When I login to my bank (credit union), Simplify obfuscates the phone number in a way that makes it impossible for me to tell which phone number it's sending the multifactor code to. My bank hides all the digits except the last 4 while Simplify attempts so show all digits except the last 4. As a result, here is the prompt that appears when I login:

Tagged:

Comments

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Eek, that would certainly make life difficult!😦 What device(s) do you get this on? Mobile app? Desktop App (i.e. website)? For other banks, I haven’t experienced this so is suspect it to be Bank specific or a bug. Do you get normal, non-obfuscated prompts with any other banks?

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Vans
    Options

this is using the website from a browser. My credit union is the only account it happens on from Simplifi. I don't have this issue on any other platforms where by bank is linked.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Vans, thanks for reaching out — how strange!

I think we should get this escalated so it can be looked further into. To clarify, do you have multiple phone numbers set up for MFA with the credit union directly (i.e. does the amount of numbers displayed in Simplifi match the amount of MFA numbers you have set up with the bank)?

Also, please provide the name of the account in question as it appears in Simplifi so I can gather all of the data needed from our end for an escalation. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• Vans
    Options

We have two numbers listed on the account so the quantity of numbers shown is correct. The issue is, my bank removes the first 6 digits of the number for privacy (replacing them with X) and it appears Simplifi hides the last 4 (I presume for the same reason). What I need is an option in Simplifi to show the entire number. The full name of the account is as it appears in the screenshot "Michigan Educational CU".

Thanks!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Vans, we need the name of the account, not the bank. Is the bank in question currently connected in Simplifi? If so, you can navigate to Settings > Accounts, locate the financial institution, and then view the account name(s) that are listed under it. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• Vans
    Options

I thought authentication was at the bank level, not the account level. So both my accounts for this bank have the same problem. The account names are "Checking (Share Draft)" and "Savings (Regular Share)".

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks, @Vans!

Yes, MFA is performed at the bank level, however, we need the account name in Simplifi so we can locate all of the bank info and other pertinent data from our end that's required for an escalation. I went ahead and got this escalated and will let you know when I hear back.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-7773

• Coach Natalie
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Vans, thanks for your patience as this issue is being worked on! We've heard back from our service provider and they need a bit more info:

1. The last 4 digits of each of the phone numbers that are listed for the MFA options in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The URL you use to sign into the bank's website.
    3. A screenshot of the MFA options/setup on the bank's website for a comparison.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Vans, hey again!

Unfortunately, without gathering this data from you, the ticket will have to be closed. Please provide the requested info as soon as possible.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Vans, I just wanted to reach out one last time before closing out the escalation. Please be sure to let us know if this is still an issue, and provide the requested info if so.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.