Lincoln County Credit Union is missing (edited)

Options
BeanCounter
BeanCounter Member ✭✭

Please add LINCOLN COUNTY CREDIT UNION.

This is driving me crazy because spouse won't ditch this CU.😏

I see this Account is available in both Wave and Mint, which doesn't do me much good, as Simplifi is where I want to be…

Website is: www.lincolncountycu.com

Portal is: https://bsdc.onlinecu.com/lincolnco/#/

Tagged:
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• BeanCounter
    BeanCounter Member ✭✭
    Options

Can I get an acknowledgement that this has been forwarded to the techs please? Fingers crossed this is an easy add. Thanks.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited September 2023
    Options

@BeanCounter, you have officially requested this bank. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• BeanCounter
    BeanCounter Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you!

• BeanCounter
    BeanCounter Member ✭✭
    Options

Just a gentle nudge…

Lincoln County Credit Union is a missing account, and I see that it is easily available in competitor Apps.

So it seems like it would be low-hanging fruit for Simplifi techs to quickly add.

Please add soon. Manual accounts are frustrating, comparitively.

Website is: www.lincolncountycu.com

Portal is: https://bsdc.onlinecu.com/lincolnco/#/

Thank you.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Since Sep. 16th., this has only gotten one vote. I just saw another financial institution that has 14 votes (a big-name one). The more votes ones are likely to get done sooner (if they can) because 14 x monthly-subscription-fees is a lot more income to Quicken Simplifi than 1 x monthly-subscription-fee. That's why there's a voting system in place. I do not represent simplifi or have special knowledge here, I'm just explaining my understanding of the voting system.

Rob Wilkens

• MustangMan
    MustangMan Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

BeanCounter, thanks for referring me to Simplifi.

I've upvoted LCCU as I have one small account left with them.

• BeanCounter
    BeanCounter Member ✭✭
    Options

I understand voting, but I suppose I actually don't understand how difficult, or time consuming, or not, it is to add an institution. I don't find any information on the institution-adding process.

Meanwhile I purposefully sought out and brought two more paying customers to Simplifi in the last few weeks, which should count for a bunch of upvotes!

One of which, rather than upvote the LCCU institution, just moved his funds to another bank. I'm not willing to do that for various reasons. The other new customer doesn't do business with LCCU.

And I'm working on a third as of yesterday, and that person will not need LCCU.

So… I guess with one text, all these folks can all upvote LCCU for me 😉 So watch for a few more votes!

As a paid service, I genuinely look forward to Simplifi significantly out-pacing R&D of the 'free' services that are funded with embedded bloated advertising.

Simplifi is a great product.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't understand exactly what is required either - I imagine they need a 'test account' at the bank, and need some kind of 'script' for sending and receiving information in a particular order to get what they need. I also have seen evidence in these forums that simplifi does not handle the banks themselves but instead have a 'provider' that handles the connection (so somehow, they'd need to get that third party to handle this).

Good luck

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@BeanCounter, you can also contact your bank and share this link with them so they can make the request to our service provider from their end: https://www.intuit.com/partners/fdp/implementation-support/ofx/

-Coach Natalie

• BeanCounter
    BeanCounter Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Coach Natalie I have written them with that link.

• BeanCounter
    BeanCounter Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie We received a response from LCCU and then spoke with the president in person. She was surprised that any of the financial apps had a connection.

Then we figured it out - a few competitor financial apps use Plaid as their service provider to make the connection, but Simplifi does not connect through Plaid. LCCU just happened to have an account with Plaid for another product they offer, so that allows any app using Plaid to connect to them.

Simplifi has reached out to LCCU twice already, but LCCU is not willing to pay the hefty contract fee(s) proposed, which seems to initially be based upon the institution's assets. Simplifi did offer a lower contract fee on the second try. The president of LCCU said that they must answer to members about funds spent on products like this, and so far there is little demand and members are settling on manual transactions for Simplifi.

I also reviewed the LCCU website, and they make no effort to educate members about ANY of the financial apps that will currently connect to them. So absent that, there is little hope of any member pressure for LCCU to contract with Simplifi, unless Simpifi teased them with an even lower contract fee.

Using manual entry for LCCU is a pain, so we'll limit the activity there as much as possible.

We'll stay with Simplifi regardless. It's a better product for my needs than the others.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You may want to see the yellow section of this idea post which mentions plaid and fincity: I think they may have already closed voting on that because it's been accepted as something they're going to work towards

Rob Wilkens

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.