Better Connection Stability

HSC
HSC Member ✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

I'm prompted multiple times a day for 2FA with Bank of America, and it looks like I have to re-enter creds for Ally every couple of days or so. The app is not going to be very helpful to me if every time I pull my phone out to see how much discretionary spending we have left in the month (say, while at a store) I have to re-connect to my accounts.

FWIW, [removed] doesn't have this problem. So I think this is an issue of fundamental reliability, and may be a deal breaker if I have to re-do connections every time. Please do whatever you need to do with your underlying connection architecture, or deals you may need to work out with the banks to make this more reliable.

2 votes

In Progress · Last Updated

Quicken Simplifi has recently upgraded its connection experience, and we are also working on adding OAuth APIs where available! We are also looking into using services such as "Plaid" and "Finicity" to provide more connectivity options.

Comments

• I'm also having this issue. I absolutely love this app but it's unusable if I need to enter an MFA code every day.
  • CoreyBarger
    CoreyBarger Member ✭✭
    Would be great to have the option for banks that struggle to connect via simplifi being able to sign in via plaid
  • bbertchie
    bbertchie Member ✭✭✭
    in my experience, I have found Simplifi has more bank connections than Plaid. For example, my mortgage with PennyMac, Simplifi is the only app that connects with it. I’m not sure if that’s Plaid related or other apps using Plaid that control the connection options. Regardless, other connection options would be good. Perhaps then I could link my 401k account in Simplifi
  • madmoondog
    madmoondog Member ✭✭

Coming from mint I now have five accounts that mint had that simplifi doesn't or is listed as broken and being worked on

• Murphybp2
    Murphybp2 Member ✭✭

@madmoondog you can request any missing financial institution here or upvote if they are already requested.

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭

My Edvest account is doing this (2FA only holds for a couple of hours). So if and when this is implemented perhaps the Edvest account requests can also be closed out hopefully.