Wells Fargo transaction dates don't match the bank (edited)

Options
2»

Comments

• RickS
    RickS Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie Had lightning bolts on my Wells Fargo accounts this morning and when I clicked on one of the accounts, there was a message that there was a new way to connect to Wells Fargo and to reconnect my accounts. I did so and the last two transactions downloaded with the same date shown by Wells Fargo site. However, pending transaction did NOT download as @ajbopp reported.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, I did receive confirmation that this issue with Wells Fargo is still being worked on, and it sounds like they are working on a global solution. I'll let everyone know when I hear back. However, based on @RickS's last comment, it sounds like the OAuth API migration may resolve the issue, which is being rolled out for Wells Fargo now. 🤞

@RickS, sorry to say, but Wells Fargo will most likely not support pending transaction downloads moving forward. This ability was removed some time back, though I'm not sure why it only affected some users (please see here). However, the OAuth API banks typically don't support this, so I don't think pending transactions are coming back.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6997452-new-and-improved-way-to-connect-to-your-financial-institution-oauth-api

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I had one pending transaction in my WF checking when I worked through reconnecting my accounts and that one pending did download yesterday as pending. I don’t have any pending this morning so no idea if that will continue, not expecting it to.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am still seeing pending transactions from WF, but today with a twist.

Simplifi first downloaded a pending deposit from SSA over the weekend. Today (Monday) it downloaded it again as a second transaction, and actually marked it as complete when it won't actually be posted until Wednesday (although WF claims it will be posted on Tuesday - so everyone's wrong 😁).

In any case, My spending plan reflected two SSA deposits instead of one, and the latest one was incorrectly marked as complete. I believe I have fixed the problem by manually deleting it.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ajbopp Same here my SSA was downloaded as pending on the 9th then redownloaded again on the 10th but both as pending. I also deleted the second instance since I couldn’t merge them, I think because that function is not available for pending transactions. I have a few more pending transactions in my WF Checking account this morning that downloaded into Simplifi.

Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey again everyone, just a little update — it looks like the scripting fix that is in the works for this issue will be obsolete for the new OAuth API connection method. Based on the comments above, it sounds like the issue may be fixed on the OAuth API connection as well, so we definitely suggest migrating if you have not done so already.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I am unfamiliar with this migration thing you mention. How does one do that?

Anthony Bopp

• Coach Natalie
    edited December 2023
    Options

@ajbopp, you should be automatically prompted when your accounts are ready for migration. Here's the support article with more info: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6997452-new-and-improved-way-to-connect-to-your-financial-institution-oauth-api

If you're not automatically prompted, you can force the migration by making your accounts manual, going back through the Add Account flow (you should go through Wells Fargo's OAuth flow at this time to authorize your accounts), and then carefully link the accounts found to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts.

Let us know how things go!

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ajbopp

Thursday last week I think it was, I saw little lightning bolt icons next to my three WF accounts in the accounts list. The next day those icons were still there so I clicked on one and received a notification about the new OAuth API rollout by WF and that I needed to reconnect my accounts with the new method.

Not sure about the date issue but the pending transactions that have downloaded have matching dates and one of my cleared items that went through after the reconnect has a matching date. I'll be watching this week to see how this all develops.

Danny
  • ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

hmmm…I have never seen a lightning bolt icon (in the web app - i don't do the mobile app much). Should I have seen such a thing?

Anthony Bopp

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not sure how WF is rolling out the transition or if the lightning bolt is because of something Simplifi is doing or something WF is doing. I'm the same, seldom use the mobile app mostly use the web app.

I did get a duplicate download of my ssa deposit again and now I have 3 entries in the Income section of my Spending Plan!

Danny
  • ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

you know what? i bet the lighting bolt was there and i didn't see it or attach any importance to it. But after three days of not being able to download WF transaction, i closed the account and started over.

Woe is me.

Anthony Bopp

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Looks like the dates are starting to match up between @WF and Q-Simplifi. Transactions downloaded before I reconnected via the OAuth API remain one day off. Transactions downloaded since the new connection method show matching dates. Also, I'm now seeing pending transactions from WF.

Danny
This discussion has been closed.