Wells Fargo transaction dates don't match the bank (edited)

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭

In the transactions registers, there's a column for "Date" but it's unclear on what date is being referred to. It could be the transaction date, or the posting date.

Oddly, it doesn't seem to be either of those things. it appears to be the date that Simplifi was actually able to download the transaction or something. I'm not sure, but it is very consistent about it not being either of the two most likely dates I would expect it to be.

Here's a couple of screenshots, one from my bank (Wells Fargo) and the other from Simplifi, illustrating that the dates do not match.

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Tagged:
Β«1

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@ajbopp, thanks for reporting this!

I went ahead and moved this out of Feature Requests, as this is something that actually needs to be escalated. To provide more clarity on the 'Date' in Simplifi, this is the posted date and it should match the "Appears on your statement as…" info. Even when transactions download as pending, they will ultimately take the posted date once they clear.

However, what you're seeing with Wells Fargo specifically is an issue that's been reported in the past:

Unfortunately, our team was never able to get to the bottom of things. They asked that I re-escalate the issue, but none of the reporting users participated in doing so, so nothing ever happened with it. We can go ahead and get this reported for you, though! To do so, please provide the following information:

1. The name of the account the transactions reside in, as it appears in Simplifi.Β 
    2. The Date, Payee, and Amount of 3-4 example transactions that the issue is occurring with, as displayed in Simplifi.Β 
    3. The Date that the transactions should be, according to Wells Fargo's website.
    4. A screenshot of the example transactions listed in Simplifi.
    5. A screenshot of the example transactions listed on Wells Fargo's website.

If you prefer to share any of this info privately, you may send it to me via a DM here in the Community. Alternatively, if you'd rather not report the issue and would prefer that this be kept as an Idea post requesting that the "Date" column be more clear on using the posted date, we can certainly put this back in Feature Requests. However, I didn't want to neglect the underlying issue at hand, which seems to have prompted the Idea to begin with. πŸ™‚

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Message sent! Thank you!

Anthony Bopp

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks, @ajbopp!

I have gone ahead and gotten this reported and will let you know as soon as I hear back. πŸ˜€

-Coach Natalie

CTP-7799

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ajbopp, thanks for your patience as this issue is being researched!

We've heard back from our service provider on this, and they'd like the following:

1. Refresh the account in Quicken Simplifi so everything is up to date.
    2. If the issue with the transaction dates persist, please provide a screenshot of:
      1. A few new example transactions the issue is occurring with in Quicken Simplifi.
      2. The same example transactions from the bank's website for a comparison.
      3. The Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the full page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was curious about this since I also bank with WF. Guess what... I'm seeing the same issue. The posted dates in Simplifi trail my WF account posting dates by 1 day. Next time I'm at.my desktop I'll take some screenshots to send along if that will be helpful.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    ”Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    edited October 2023
    Options

@DannyB, yes, I think I recall you commenting/participating in the last thread for this issue. If you can provide the following info when you get a chance, I can certainly add you to the ticket:

1. The name of the account the transactions reside in, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.Β 
    2. The Date, Payee, and Amount of 3-4 example transactions that the issue is occurring with, as displayed in Quicken Simplifi.Β 
    3. The Date that the transactions should be, according to Wells Fargo's website.
    4. A screenshot of the example transactions listed in Quicken Simplifi.
    6. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the full page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

As always, feel free to DM me the info if you prefer to keep it private. Thank you! πŸ˜€

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks, @ajbopp & @DannyB β€” I got the ticket updated!

-Coach Natalie

• AndyL
    Options

I am having similar issues. It's fine if I have to correct dates occasionally, but needing to correct every single transaction's dates is very frustrating!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@AndyL, I'm sorry to hear that you're also being impacted by this issue in Quicken Simplifi. If you'd like to provide the above-requested information, we can get you added to the ticket:

1. The name of the account the transactions reside in, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.Β 
    2. The Date, Payee, and Amount of 3-4 example transactions that the issue is occurring with, as displayed in Quicken Simplifi.Β 
    6. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the full page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

Feel free to DM any of this info to keep it private. Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• KSlater
    KSlater Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Add me to the list of people having this issue, specifically with my Wells Fargo checking account. I just started using Simplifi a few days ago (coming from Mint) and in Simplifi all of the Wells Fargo transactions are showing as 1 day later than what is shown on the Wells Fargo website.

What's also interesting is that one of the Wells Fargo transactions is a Capital One VISA payment. This is setup as a recurring transaction in Simplifi. Now that the payment is made, the Capital One transaction date is correct but the "other side" of the transaction is 1 day later (Nov 9th) in the Wells Fargo transaction. On the Wells Fargo website, it shows the transaction as Nov 8th.

I'm including screen shots of both sides of the transaction in Simplifi, and from the transaction listing on WellsFargo.com.

from wellsfargo.com>

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@KSlater, I'm sorry to hear that you're also seeing this issue with Wells Fargo transactions!

At this time, let's go ahead and wait to see what happens with the escalation. They are actively working on it, so hopefully they're able to get to the bottom of things for everyone. Otherwise, I'll let you know if we end up needing additional examples and I'll gather some more data from you at that time.

We appreciate everyone's continued patience on this!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ajbopp, thanks for your patience as this is being worked on!

It looks like they need to schedule a debugging session with you for this issue. Are you available next week? If so, can I get some general availability from you so I can request the session? πŸ™‚

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I am not available on Tuesday, Nov 30 from 1:30-3:00 pm CST. Otherwise I have the entire week free.

Anthony Bopp

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ajbopp, thanks! I let them know; please keep an eye out for an email with a confirmed date and time.

Fingers crossed that this helps us get to the bottom of things!

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie This seems to be fixed this morning. All dates for my entire Wells Fargo history are now correct.

As an added bonus, for the first time Simplifi is showing me all the transactions that WF has marked as "Pending." That's never happened before!

Anthony Bopp

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ajbopp awesome! It looks like they were waiting for a fix to be deployed, so I reached out for confirmation. πŸ™‚

-Coach Natalie

• RickS
    RickS Member ✭✭
    Options

I texted with support via the web app a week ago about this same issue and it was left unresolved. Bookmarked this post awaiting the confirmation that it has been deployed.

• KSlater
    Options

Unfortunately, I'm still seeing the issue. In Simplifi, every transaction date is still one date later than what I see directly on wellsfargo.com. This includes transactions that were posted yesterday (12/4) on wellsfargo.com, but appear as today (12/5) in Simplifi.

From WellsFargo.com

From Simplifi

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@KSlater, thanks for letting us know!

I'm still waiting to hear back on the ticket. I'm trying to confirm that:

1. The fix has been officially deployed.
    2. The deployment is a global fix and not user-specific.
    3. If they'd like me to gather your data and add you to the ticket.

I'll let you know when I hear back and we'll go from there. πŸ™‚

-Coach Natalie

• RickS
    RickS Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie My Wells Fargo transactions in Simplifi also downloaded today and previously with a date one day later than the dates shown on Wells Fargo site. I manually changed the date in Simplifi already.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@RickS, sorry I missed you in my previous comment!

Let's do the same thing β€” as soon as I hear back, I'll know how to proceed for you and @KSlater. πŸ™‚

-Coach Natalie

• RickS
    RickS Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I am running Mint parallel with Simplifi and if it is helpful, transactions downloading in Mint have the same date as Wells Fargo.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

It may be that the fix is specific to my Simplifi account for the moment, as I worked directly with the dev team to help troubleshoot the issue. They may have made a fix that only affects me to make sure there are no unanticiplated issues.

FWIW, there appear to be no unanticipated issues on my end. It's working great.

Anthony Bopp

• RickS
    RickS Member ✭✭
    Options

@ajbopp That's encouraging, thanks!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@KSlater & @RickS, they'd like me to go ahead and add both of you to the ticket. To do so, please provide the following info:

3. The Date the transactions should be, according to Wells Fargo's website.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• RickS
    RickS Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie Since I have already modified the date on my Wells Fargo transactions in Simplifi, my data is not clean. It sounds like they have a working solution as @ajbopp described and a matter of time for universal rollout.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@RickS, it actually looks like the solution was applied to the users who were added to the ticket, which was @ajbopp and @DannyB, instead of being a global solution. We'll need the requested info in order to research your case, so please let us know when you have fresh data available. πŸ™‚

-Coach Natalie

• RickS
    RickS Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I'll wait until I have a few unmodified transactions to document. I do understand they've applied to specific accounts but thought if it worked they would roll it out globally. Can't imagine them maintaining fixes for individual accounts indefinitely.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If the fix was applied, it has reverted to original problem of dates off by one day.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    ”Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

hmmm…it's still working perfectly for

Anthony Bopp

This discussion has been closed.