New to Simplifi

Options
LJimmy
LJimmy Unconfirmed, Member
edited October 2023 in Introduce yourself!

Hello all, new to simplifi. I've used several budgeting apps in the pas and came across Simplifi after a semi-frustrating experience with YNAB. Hopefully it will suit my needs for the future.

What tutorials are offered? Spending plan? Auto-Categorization?

LJ

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Each of the money management apps has things they do well and things they don't do as well. I've tried many of them, and so far Simplifi meets my personal needs the best. I cannot promise the same for you, but if it does, terrific.

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome to Simplifi, @LJimmy

Look for "Support" in at the top of this forum page (in the dropdown menu if you using.a mobile device to view this page). There are support articles for each section of the app along with various topics. There are also YouTube videos available.

This forum is a good place learn also and is by nature interactive. Also this forum is actively monitored by Simplifi staff coaches who are actively responsive.

I also have found Simplifi makes sense for me. In my experience, Simplifi is not meant to be an extensive accounting app but a personal finance budgeting and management app.

For me the highlight of Simplifi is the Spending Plan which provides me with a great way to plan and track my month-to-month income and outflow.

One "shortfall" in the current manifestation of Simplifi is the inability to incorporate non monthly recurring expenses. The work around is via Savings Goals and there is plenty of discussions in this forum on that topic.

Still, overall, I like this app!

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome @LJimmy!

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.