Spending Plan: Delay in Goal contributions updating Available calculation (edited)

Options
pawebb
pawebb Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2023 in Report a Bug

In the Spending Plan if I add money to a Savings Goal the Available funds do not update. I tried refreshing the page and that did not work. I navigated over to the Transactions page and then back to the Spending Plan and after a second or two the Available amount updates.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@pawebb, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

When I contribute to a Savings Goal from my Spending Plan, I do notice a few seconds delay in the Savings Goals total, and therefore the Available amount, updating. However, it was only a few seconds, and I've noticed this with other items in the Spending Plan as well. I'm wondering if clearing the cache and cookies of the Quicken Simplifi site might help the performance issues you're seeing — can you give this a try and let us know if things improve for you, please?

-Coach Natalie

• pawebb
    pawebb Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Everything cleared and I opened a new Private browser. It never updated until I refreshed the page. I tried to upload a video, but the site won't allow the file extension.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've had some luck uploading videos to youtube (I make them unlisted) then posting the link here and they're posted as videos here… The only problem happens when months later i delete them from my YouTube account without deleting the post.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@pawebb, yes, if you have a video, that would be great. You can try the YouTube route, or I can email you a link to our Secure File Exchange which should allow the extension.

-Coach Natalie

• pawebb
    pawebb Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie please send a link.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@pawebb, done! Please let me know once uploaded.

-Coach Natalie

• pawebb
    pawebb Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie

Done. I uploaded two versions. The first one is cropped and from last week. I also realized I recorded it when using the standalone app that Safari created when using the Add to Dock feature. The second recording is from today. This time I cleared my cache, logged into QS from Safari (not the standalone) and tested.

Files uploaded.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@pawebb, thanks!

I got your videos and also tested this again myself this morning. I now experienced a few-minute delay! Refreshing the page, refreshing the cloud, navigating away, and even signing out and back in did nothing; I simply had to wait for several minutes for the totals to update.

With that said, I went ahead and got this reported using both of our examples. I'll let you know when we hear back. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-18328

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@pawebb, a fix for this is expected with the 3.88.0 Web Release.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    edited October 2023
    Options

@pawebb, it looks like this is happening on the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App as well, and a fix can be expected there with the 4.12.0 Release.

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.