Revert to the old color scheme/update the new colors to something modern (edited)

Options
jsebagh
jsebagh Member
edited September 2023 in Feature Requests

From a head of product & design….. the new colors make simplifi look like an app for the 1990s, please update!

Tagged:
18 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• cbstrevel
    Options

i’ve been a User for the past two or three years now, and I really liked the color schemes that were in place previously. The new ones look awful. Please change it back!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited September 2023
    Options

@jsebagh & @cbstrevel, thanks for the feedback!

I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post requesting that the new color scheme be reverted or updated to something more modern so other users can vote on it and our product team can review it. This will give us an idea of how many users would like to see this change made in Quicken Simplifi. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• Matt Y
    Matt Y Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Coach Natalie, please accept our pleas to change the colors back. The new scheme is very hard to look at. The purple is insanely bright and the whole thing lacks contrast. I also agree with the 1990s comment. I appreciate the new branding, but the color change just doesn’t work on my iPhone or iPad. I would seriously pay Quicken to change it back.

Matt

At least it’s better than a spreadsheet.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I might agree— I thought "I'll get used to it eventually", but at least so far, not yet.

At the same time, I don't know what colors would be better.

It's delayed, but this one is also getting my vote.

Rob Wilkens

• nicko
    nicko Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I agree the new colors are a poor choice. A question for your creative/UX team was any user feedback solicited? It really would of been a pretty simple thing to ask the community what colors they like.

• Holysmokes
    Holysmokes Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

I think themes would be a good option to implement. Give users a couple choices to switch between different themes.

• LGM
    LGM Member ✭✭
    Options

I dislike the new color scheme as well. I also feel there are a majority of people that would feel this way, but most probably don't use these discussion baords to voice their opinion. This color theme change seems like there is too much effort being spent on things like the color selection vs improving the products capability/features.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Agree, I waited a little while to not jump to conclusions, but the new logo (purple Q) and color pallet certainly haven’t grown on me. The old logo (blue S) and colors (shades of blue) did seem much more refined - and simple. The name change certainly makes sense from a branding standpoint as it ties Simplifi more closely to parents company Quicken - and might even reduce some user confusion.

I too would like to see a switch back in at least the color pallet.

Full Disclosure: I might be slightly biased against the color purple due to a rather ugly purple logo that was once used by a place I worked in the 00’s. That logo was designed circa 90’s and was hideous when paired with our old teal uniforms!

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • pawebb
    pawebb Member ✭✭✭
    Options
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@pawebb I use Apple machines (like a MacBook Air and a tablet) and Windows machines (At the moment I'm on a brand new one I got yesterday), and Android machines (Samsung phone and Tablet), and on all of them — the color needs work. Your color samples where there are only 2 colors on the chart do not demonstrate enough colors to show the problem. The other ones, some of the colors just don't "feel right" like the one above - I noticed it on my MacBook as well. I'm still sort of hoping i'll get used to it eventually.

Rob Wilkens

• James Watson
    Options

I have no issue with the new purple logo but once inside the app the new scheme can only be described as childish - like a child simply picked all the brightest crayons in the box and mixed them all together. Far, far too bright.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I find the new color scheme vaguely unpleasant to look at, especially first thing in the morning. But at any time of the day, it seems like something is "off," as if I've calibrated the color tint too far toward blue and the cranked the vibrancy up to 200.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• mqtinc
    Options

The old interface was better. The new interface has all the accounts and balances under one font style and color. It's an eye sore to look at. Previous design had the headings of each account category highlighted and enlarged which made it easier to look through.

• Ell
    Ell Member
    Options

Agreed, it's difficult to discern what's what on the accounts list, it all kind of blends together. Differentiation between the major headings (Banking, Liabilities, Investments) and minor headings (Cash & Checking, Credit, Savings) would be nice.

Don't mind the new logo, but the purple in the app (especially when combined with light mode on mobile… still waiting on dark mode…) is way too bright and saturated. I avoid using the mobile app now and stick to the browser version. I have no problem with a black and purple theme (in fact, that's what I use on my Windows PCs) but the shade really needs to be adjusted.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just switched to dark mode to see if it would improve things, but if anything the color scheme is even more jarring. Still not a fan.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I came in after the color scheme was changed. It is a bit bright.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• scottgildner
    scottgildner Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I use dark mode on Windows 11 itself and on my iPhone. I was excited to see dark mode in Simplifi, but it's horrible. I can't look at it, so I keep it in light mode, which is better, but I would prefer a proper looking dark mode. Monarch Money, which I'm currently demo-ing has a nice dark blue color that I really like.

Microsoft Money user in the 90's to Quicken in the 2000's to Simplifi in 2023

• DMcWetty
    DMcWetty Member ✭✭
    edited January 9
    Options

I don't mind the colors too much as I'm really just interested in the contrast between groups. As a photographer, color matters, but I have learned that everyone has their own tastes when it comes to presenting color so…

Perhaps the obvious solution is to allow user-selectable colors for each category?

My biggest issue right now is that the iOS app's Spending Plan is showing "Available" and "Planned" as the same green color. There's no contrast between them on the circle graph. Would be nice to be able to change them.