Missing IRA accounts with Vanguard (edited)

Options

Comments

• kfoster9
    Options

The alert page says the discussion has been closed, and it's not listed on the Known Product Issues screen. Has there been a resolution? I am still having issues…

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello All,

For anyone experiencing an issue connecting their Vanguard IRA accounts in Quicken Simplifi, this is a known issue that's still ongoing. Please follow our Alert for updates, as we will post an update as soon as any news becomes available:

We appreciate everyone's continued patience!

-Coach Natalie

• LAGuy83
    Options

I am unable to see my Roth IRAs in Vanguard in the Simplifi app.

• ericlepreu
    Options

Mint user evaluating transitioning to Simplifi (as many others). Am OK paying $48 a year (instead of Mint that was free), assuming something like this Vanguard Ross IRA issue (that I'm also running into) gets resolved in the current/next sprint… Otherwise I'll keep looking… No pressure, DEV team… ;)

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ericlepreu The Quicken Simplifi DEV team (as I understand it) doesn't handle the bank connections. Those are handed off to a third-party company (I believe Intuit, mint's parent company). It seems the best the Quicken Simplifi team can do is "tell" the third-party company about it and wait for a fix.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone! A fix for this should have been implemented — can everyone try to connect their IRA and Roth IRA accounts with Vanguard in Quicken Simplifi, please?

Let us know how it goes! 🤞

-Coach Natalie

• georgeb3
    Options

Still not working for me

• Daniel Xu
    Options

This still doesn't work for me - I reset the connection, and re-added my credentials. The process still failed to include my Vanguard Roth IRA .

• Brewcaster
    Options

Resetting as well as removing and re-adding my Fidelity account is still resulting in my Roth IRA from not being an available account.

• Palavis
    Palavis Member ✭✭
    Options

Still not working. With fidelity, I am able to connect to the traditional IRA but not ROTH. Vanguard ROTH connection is also not happening. So ROTH seems to be the problem for both these brokerages.

• Money Manager
    Options

Same issue here. Your bulletin notice appears to have been closed, even though there is no resolution?

• Money Manager
    Options

This has not been resolved. None of my (very active) Roth Vanguard accounts are available for integration with Simplifi. Traditional Vanguard accounts work fine.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thank you, everyone, for giving this a try. We're sorry to hear the issue isn't fixed! We let our team know and they will continue working on this. We will update the Alert as soon as we have any news:

We appreciate everyone's patience as we work to resolve this!

-Coach Natalie

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

just tried adding Vanguard - at 3:30am to get away from FDP-105 error

Found the Brokerage, but not the Roth IRA

• mvsantoso
    Options

pls add me to the list of users with this difficulty. My vanguard roth ira is not showing up

• taoman54
    taoman54 Member
    Options

This is a workaround for the Vanguard Roth IRA not downloading/syncing:

Settings—>Accounts—>Add a manual account

Name= Vanguard Roth IRA Account type=either Brokerage or Roth IRA depending where you want it to show up. I chose Brokerage so it is listed with my other Vanguard holdings even though it's a retirement account in theory.

From main page, select your new manual account. Across from Holdings select Add.

Add your Vanguard Roth holdings by adding the symbol, name, and number of shares for each holding. Your manual Vanguard Roth IRA account will now automatically update correctly.

• GTMissileMan
    Options

I'm a new user to Simplifi from the Mint exodus. Roth IRA's from Fidelity and Vanguard didn't import.

• daMoney
    Options

Still not working. Stinks that I'm having to burn thru my free trial with an app that's not ready for primetime yet. How did your QA dept miss something so obvious.

• Da007
    Da007 Member
    Options

manual is what I’m doing for now. Note that this will only automatically update share prices, it won’t update anything transaction related (buy/sell).

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

as mentioned - the manual setup and work around will give you the current Market Value of the account holdings -

but of course will not reflect any activity in the actual account such as … buy, sell, divs, interest, reinvest, cap gains….

• AGN
    Options

Vanguard. Same issue. Roth IRA accounts not linking/synching/showing. Please fix.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, it looks like the only account type that should still be experiencing an issue is Roth IRA accounts (with both Fidelity and Vanguard). They're working on the issue, and we hope to have more updates/a resolution soon. Once we receive confirmation, we'll update the Alert accordingly.

In the meantime, someone posted a workaround here for Fidelity that may also work for Vanguard:

We appreciate everyone's continued patience!

-Coach Natalie

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

don't think it will work for Vanguard -
    just looked at our Vanguard accounts - and they can't be renamed like with Fidelity

• Eddie0272
    Options

Recommendation from a post in Reddit..

1. Rename your account name at the institution holding your Roth account and eliminate "Roth" from the name
    2. Try adding that account again from Simplifi..

It worked for my Fidelity and Etrade Roth accounts. Someone else can chime in if it also works for Vanguard.

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

doesn’t look like you can rename accounts on the Vanguard website

• Abmool
    Options

Any updates on this..I am on my 30 day trial as well

• ndcrazy
    Options

I have tried to update both of these accounts multiple times with no sucess.

• K.W.
    K.W. Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

At some point we may have better luck trying to get Vanguard to add a feature where we can rename accounts. It's so weird that Simplifi has a text filter for the word "ROTH."

• ericlepreu
    Options

@K.W. I think Roth should be in the Asset description, if it's a Roth IRA… @ndcrazy I really think you should try a few more times… Just kidding... 😉

• RickS
    RickS Member ✭✭
    Options

Had a message to re-connect Vanguard and after doing so, the Roth IRA accounts connected that previously would not.

This discussion has been closed.