Contribution to Savings Goals are being credited to Prior Month.

Options
blanktom
blanktom Member
edited November 2023 in Troubleshooting

It's October 1st and I'm trying to contribute to my savings goals for the new month. All of them say "on track" even though I haven't contributed anything.

When I try to contribute something, it goes to "Ahead 1 Month"

When I look at my Spending Plan, all of the goals that I just contributed to show up in September, not October.

How do I go about fixing this?

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Please realize ahead/on-track aren't indicators of whether you gave anything this month. Also, realize that if your goal month is november, reaching that goal includes contributing in november (that may affect your estimate of how many payments remain to reach that goal). edit: november was a sample.

Rob Wilkens

• blanktom
    blanktom Member
    Options

thanks for your response, but that doesn't have anything to do with my question.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It does. One small example, you mention ahead one month as an indicator that this month's payment was or wasn't made. It's actually an indicator of how close you are to your goal date, regardless of current month's contribution. The rest is all related to that.

Rob Wilkens

• blanktom
    blanktom Member
    Options

No, I never mentioned "ahead one month" as an indicator that this months' payment was or wasn't made.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Perhaps I misunderstood when you wrote:

«When I try to contribute something, it goes to "Ahead 1 Month"»

I apologize.

Rob Wilkens

• blanktom
    blanktom Member
    Options

no worries - just been frustrated with this. My savings goals are now all out of whack.

I usually contribute inside my saving plan. Every time I contributed today (Oct 1) it would still say "not contributed". But then when i look at my September saving plan, all of my contribution attempts got credited there instead of October. And if I go into my goals, it shows that I'm now a month ahead, even though I should be caught up based on the amount credited to the goal.

It looks like the system still somehow thought it was September. There's not register for saving goals, so I'm thinking the best course of action is to delete them all and start fresh.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can offer that contributions/withdrawals from savings goal that i made today(at about 1pm Eastern time) were reflected in the october spending plan for me. Depending on exactly when you did it, it may be a time zone thing.

Rob Wilkens

• blanktom
    blanktom Member
    Options

mine was well after that - around 4PM ET. I'm thinking it's a bug in the software. I tried again now and it looks like everything is back in sync with any new contributions I make. But I still have the issue with the ones I made an hour or so ago showing up in September. I wish there was a way to see a record of your contributions - basically a register like you have with other accounts. It would be a lot easier to fix these glitches if that were the case.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One of the "Coaches" (Natatlie or Blake probably) will be back here during the week, they will probably want screenshots illustrating it (if you're not comfortable with that public, they take DMs, don't send to me I am not an employee), so maybe save those now. Also, I know Coach Natalie likes reproducible problems, meaning if it's working fine now then maybe a way to catch it subsequent months. If it's a one-time thing, sometimes it gets passed off a "glitch in the matrix," and they just hope it doesn't happen again..

I agree that a transaction register with respect to savings goals may be a good idea.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited October 2023
    Options

@blanktom, thanks for reaching out, and I apologize for the frustration experienced!

Since it sounds like your contributions are at least reflecting properly now, I'd suggest deleting and recreating the remaining problematic Savings Goals in question. If you've made any contributions in prior months, you can use that amount as the "saved so far" amount, and then proceed with your normal contributions this month. This should get the 'Ahead/Behind/On Track' chip working properly, as well as hopefully get things accurate in the Spending Plan for you.

Otherwise, I would definitely say to keep an eye on things and let us know if this becomes a recurring problem. As mentioned by @RobWilk, it could have been a one-off glitch. I just tried contributing to my Savings Goal and everything updated properly, including the 'Ahead/Behind/On Track' chip. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.