Setting up Reoccurring Bills

Options
WSGRunner
WSGRunner Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started

I'm not having any luck setting up reoccurring bills. I've tried several times with my Amex account and it eventually times out.

Also, I'm trying to add my Citi Double Cash Visa in the reoccurring bills and that is not shown in the connect to an account section. I also can't Chase either in the account section. Please advise.

Best Answers

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do you mean setting up reocurring bills manually or linking billers?

If linking billers, I've also had no success connecting billers.

If manual recurring bills, just do the following (based on web app):

-Click settings on left menu

-Click "All Recurring"

-Click "Add" then "Add Manually"

-Fill in Name, Recurring amount, next date, frequency, (optionally end date), Account money comes from, Category (*if transfer to another account, include that account name from under transfer category)

-Click Create

Rob Wilkens

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Yep, I initially set up billers, and some work; others are iffy. I finally just disconnected AT&T as it always needed to be redone. They send me emails anyhow when the bill is ready.

I've never tried setting up credit cards. I tend to pay those off weekly anyhow, so I have no recurring transactions set up for them.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

@WSGRunner, I think quite a few of the major credit card companies aren't currently supported for Bill Connect, unfortunately. I know Capital One, Citi, and Chase are not. For American Express, they may be in the same boat, but since you're actually able to make a connection with them in Quicken Simplifi, I'd suggest giving it another try outside of peak hours to see if you can get past the time-out issue. Let us know how it goes, please!

In the meantime, as @RobWilk mentioned, you can create a Recurring Series without linking it to the Biller; our support article here has more details.

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.