Real Time Transaction Tracking and Push/SMS/Email Notifications

Options
ajbrensike
ajbrensike Member
edited October 2023 in Feature Requests

It would be nice if there was a way to track transactions in real time and receive notifications of said transactions from the accounts, credit cards, etc. that we link up with Simplifi. Now only could it assist us with tracking our spending, confirming charges, but also keep an eye on fraud charges that we may not recognize. Yes, some but not all credit cards have a form of real time notifications like Capital One which is amazing, but with other credit cards out there not all companies do that. But having a centralized location like Simplifi would be great.

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As it stands, I think Simplifi ONLY checks your accounts for updates when you log in to the app, and even then at best every 4-5 hours (no sooner). I believe this has something to do with preventing checking the banks 'too often' which could result in Simplifi being blocked.

That being said, I am sort of for this idea— I was thinking about it just yesterday myself. I don't need 'real time' alerts (for 2 out of 3 CC accounts i get that from the bank directly), but for that 3rd account, I would appreciate e-mails when new NON-MATCHED transactions download from an account.

That is, if it downloads a transaction that i didn't know about, e-mail me to let me know about them, and yes, I'd be okay with 'if it downloaded 5 new transactions, e-mail me all 5 in one e-mail'.

My main goal, is for that third account, I want to make sure i remember to pay it if i use that account.

Perhaps the ability to set an e-mail alert if balance is over some set amount

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@ajbrensike, great suggestion! I personally love my real-time text alerts from Capital One (my most used card). 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• thaJack
    thaJack Member ✭✭
    Options

Part of the issue would (probably) be MFA. Accounts at two of my institutions require it every single time Simplifi checks them.

• Christaaay
    Christaaay Member ✭✭✭
    Options

i came here to say this too. I'm finding the daily push notifications from Monarch helpful. They notify me each time I have a new transaction to review. I'm using the 'Needs Review' in Simplifi also but would really like the notifications so I can immediately look at me transactions and make sure they're correctly categorized. Also if it's true that transactions aren't downloaded unless I log in this needs to be changed. Simplifi should automatically connect to each bank daily.