Balances cannot be refreshed on Mobile app without restarting

Options
RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2023 in Report a Bug

Balances do not update on the mobile app if I enter a manual transaction.

I'm not sure they ever did, but i think i used to be able to pull down on the account list to refresh the balances. Can't do that now.

The only way to have the balances reflect that transaction is to close the mobile app (switch app button, close it) and reopen it.

Android if it matters.

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited October 2023
    Options

@RobWilk, thanks for posting!

I'm not personally seeing any issues with manual account balances updating with new transactions on the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App (I'm also using Android). I added a new manual account with a $100 starting balance, then created a $20 expense transaction, and the balance of the account immediately updated to $80:

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Mobile App to see if doing so helps to clear things up for you? Relaunching, or even refreshing, should not be required for a manual account balance update. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If it matters, it's not a manual account.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@RobWilk, gotcha! I just tested on a connected account by entering a manual 'pending' transaction, and the balance also updated there automatically.

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your suggestion worked.

I cleared app cache/data (the equivalent of reinstalling on android) and now balances update immediately.

Thank You! @Coach Natalie

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@RobWilk, awesome! 🥳

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This happened again, on the mobile app, even after reinstalling.

I took a screenshot of the wrong balance, and about a minute later I took a screenshot of the right balance. I don't know if you need the screenshots, though.

This may be related to other 'delays' in the app where numbers can take a minute or so to update.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@RobWilk, I'm sorry to hear this keeps popping up for you! To clarify, does it happen every time you enter a transaction, or do you just see it occasionally? Also, do you still have to close out of the app to see the change in balance, or did you just wait for a minute on the same screen? Have you tried navigating away and then back to the account, or anything along those lines?

I just tested again and saw maybe a 1-second delay from the time I saved the transaction, which is kind of nice, as I was actually able to visually see my transaction impact the balance. I'm definitely not seeing an issue with this. Do you experience this type of behavior on the web app at all?

Please let us know, thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't experience this on the web app, and agree a 1-second delay is actually preferred to almost 'animate' the balance change. I don't use the mobile app enough to know how often it happens, but I will say i did not have to exit the app — i stayed on the same page and a minute later it updated. Maybe the server was just real busy when i did it? Or rmaybe my phone's cellular connection was delayed?

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@RobWilk, it could have been either of those things and could even be the amount of data/accounts you have in Quicken Simplifi. I'd say to keep an eye on it and let us know if it becomes a persistent thing. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.