recurring bills being identified over and over

Options
BevoFox
BevoFox Member
edited March 20 in Troubleshooting

Switched over to the program recently and really do like it. I've run into one issue, well more of an annoyance. Every day when I open the program it tells me at the top of the screen it may have found new recurring bills. It keeps showing me my StateFarm bill, which I already have as as recurring, my last Citibank payment, and sometimes one other. I select the option that it's not a new bill, and the box goes away. However the next day when I open the site it says it found them again. Is there any setting to turn off it looking for recurring items? I already had everything I need in there. Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @BevoFox,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this behavior in Simplifi.

Yes, those prompts should not keep reappearing for the same items — I definitely see how that would get annoying! Just as a test, have you tried clicking the checkmark instead and letting Simplifi create the new Recurring Series? You can then delete the new Recurring Series under Settings > Recurring. I'm wondering if this would stop the prompt, and I'd suggest maybe giving this a try with at least one of the items.

If it resolves the issue and you're not prompted for that item again, it may be a quicker solution to just do that with each one so they go away. However, if the same item keeps popping back up as a suggested Recurring Transaction, then we'd definitely need to get the issue reported so the behavior can be identified and stopped.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Not the poster, but I'm seeing the same thing for a withdrawal that is already setup as a recurring payment. I did as you suggested and accepted it and then deleted it, but it came back the next time I logged in. Very annoying.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @meoge,

Thank you for posting on this topic, although I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this behavior in Simplifi.

To clarify, do you just see this with one particular item, or are you seeing it with multiple items? Also, have you tried clicking the 'X' as well to tell Simplifi not to create the recurring item?

We can certainly escalate this behavior if the answer to my 2nd question is yes. However, if you're seeing the persistent prompt with just one item, let's try clicking the checkmark one more time, creating the recurring series, and then deleting the recurring series, to see if it comes back again. If it does, please provide the following info:

1. A screenshot of the prompt so we can gather the details, such as the Payee and Amount.
    2. A screenshot of the Edit Series window for the Recurring Series that's already been created for this item.
    3. Is the issue occurring on the Web App, the Mobile App, or both?
    4. If the Web App, provide the browser and browser version you're accessing Simplifi from, as well as the OS of the computer.
    5. If the Mobile App, provide the make, model, and OS of your device.

If you prefer to share any of this information privately, you may do so via a DM to me here in the Community. Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

We have 2 Roth IRA contributions each month for $562.50 that already have recurring series' set up. For the last few weeks when I log in I see the prompt at the top right for setting up a $562.50 recurring series. I've been hitting the "x" every day until this week when I tried hitting the checkmark to see what would happen. It created the recurring series which I deleted. The next day when I logged in it asked the same question again which is when I replied in this thread. I hit the "x" and Today when I logged in it asked again so I hit the checkmark again which added the series again and I deleted it again. I've logged out and back in a few times and it hasn't asked me to set it up again yet. Maybe there were 2 identical things it wanted me to set up and now that I've let it do it twice it won't ask again? I guess I'll see if it asks me again tomorrow. Either way we should be able to say no to the prompt and tell it not to ask again for that transaction.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

For what its worth, I've had this happen two times in the last few days. They showed up on Day 1 and I ignored them till Day 2. Then, I just clicked the X button on all 10-ish prompts. On Day 3, they reappeared and I again clicked the X button on all 10-ish prompts. Today (Day 4), they haven't showed up yet.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

No notifications today so maybe accepting it twice may have done the trick.

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Turns out the recurring series that was created when I hit the check mark the other day was still there yesterday so I deleted it. The notification is back again today.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @meoge,

Thanks for giving it another try and posting back, although I'm sorry the trouble persists.

Since the issue continues to occur, you'll want to provide all of the information that was requested above so the behavior can be escalated (see here).

-Coach Natalie

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It didn't show up today. I'll collect all the info the next time it happens

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The notification popped up again this morning. I DM'd you all the info you asked for and sent in feedback via the web app

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @meoge,

Thanks for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten this reported and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-17905

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @meoge,

It looks like a fix may have been implemented for this issue — can you check in Simplifi and let us know, please?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The notfication was there this morning around 7:30am when I logged in, but it's not there now.

• Coach Natalie
    edited September 2023
    Options

@meoge, can you let me know if it pops up again today or tomorrow, please? 🤞

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie

Here is an example of a repeating "Is this a recurring transaction" notification. Just now logged into Simplifi and this notification was at the top of the dashboard page:

This particular transaction really has Simplifi fixated. It doesn't show up everyday but it has shown up multiple times since the transaction was first downloaded into Simplifi. As it so happens this is a credit card payment to a new cc that I recently connected to Simplifi. I have clicked the X every time it appears but Simplifi just won't let it go. It may be that because I made 2 or 3 payments over the course of the couple of weeks I was working to hit the amount necessary to get the bonus rewards that is why Simplifi keeps asking if this is recurring.

This next comment should probably be brought forward as a feature request… but, it would be helpful if these notifications included more information about the transaction in question besides the amount like perhaps the payee and which account it is found in.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

@meoge, how are things looking for you with the prompt we escalated?

@DannyB, I'm not finding an existing Idea post requesting more details on these prompts, but I totally agree that one is needed! Can you keep an eye on this one particular item that you mentioned and let us know if it keeps popping up, please? You might be right about the multiple payments causing the prompt…

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I haven't gotten the notification the last 2 days

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Awesome, @meoge!

Let me know if the issue pops back up, but we are going to go ahead and close the ticket for now. @DannyB, please also let me know if you continue to see your prompt.

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll let you know if it shows up

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie, it showed up for me today, again, on 9/14/23. This is probably the 3rd or 4th time it’s happened? After clicking ’No’ About 12 times, I proceed with life as normal.

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks for letting us know, @Flopbot!

It looks like they put out a new fix for this issue last week. Our Product Team stated that the prompt may occur one more time after the fix, but the issue should be resolved after that — did this prompt finally stop occurring for you? 🤞

-Coach Natalie

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sense makes. I haven’t seen it return after this last time., but I’ll let you know if it does. 🤞

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • pawebb
    pawebb Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

This transaction is from Oct 2nd. Today is the 7th time I have clicked the X mark. I had another transaction from Oct 2nd that was also repeating but did not reappear today, so hopefully that one has stopped.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie

Sorry, this problem reoccurred on 10/13/2023 after not having logged into Simplifi for about two weeks - a new record for me!

Here's an example of one of them…

Interestingly, it didn't seem to prompt for for the full 12 this time…maybe only 6.

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I suspect this post is related to this other post..

[removed link to merged thread]

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

@pawebb & @Flopbot, how are things looking over the weekend and this morning? Hopefully better! 🤞

-Coach Natalie

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie , sorry, I was still seeing it as of this morning.

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

@Flopbot, thanks for confirming, but darn it!

Let's go ahead and get this escalated so they can figure out what's going on now. Since the ticket I submitted before is pretty old and the issue was (even if only temporarily) resolved, I'm going to go ahead and create a new one. To do so, please provide the following additional information:

1. The browser and browser version you're accessing the Quicken Simplifi Web App from.
    2. The OS of the computer/device you're accessing the Quicken Simplifi Web App from.

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

@pawebb, please feel free to provide the same information so you can be added to the ticket. 😀

-Coach Natalie

• pawebb
    pawebb Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Safari Version 17.0 (19616.1.27.211.1)
    Mac Sonoma 14.0
    Logs sent.

I also tried to create a recurring transfer. Let is sit for a bit and then delete it. It still came back.

• Coach Natalie
    edited October 2023
    Options

Thanks, @pawebb!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. @Flopbot, I went ahead and added you to the ticket as well, however, if you wouldn't mind providing the rest of the requested info and submitting that feedback to us, it would be much appreciated.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-18434 / QCS-17002

This discussion has been closed.