Payee Issue with Delta Comm CU (edited)

Options
2»

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just saw somewhere else in the community, that a paypal user was complaining that their paypal checking account transactions were coming up as "Debit Card Transaction". To me, that seems "related" to this problem. @Coach Natalie if you haven't, you may want to indicate these could be related in the problem report. I'm aware Quicken Simplifi has a third party company who handles the banks, so letting them know this is happening at multiple banks may help them find the problem quicker.

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Paddlefoot02

I'm curious. Do you have any credit cards with other banks or credit card companies? If so, are you having the same issue with those?

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Paddlefoot02
    Options

@DannyB

Yes, I also use Navy Federal CU. No issues importing payee from NFCU. Just DCCU.

@RobWilk thanks for your comment. Hopefully the developers can add some code or get the 3rd party company to do so. not an issue that is insurmountable but definitely annoying.

• bhharrison
    Options

Delta is putting the description info in the wrong field/column. They have category info in the description and description info in the memo

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@bhharrison, are you experiencing the same issue that's been outlined here where your credit card transactions with Delta Comm CU are all downloading as "Credit Card Purchase"? If so, we can certainly gather some details from you and add you to the ticket.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• CJDombeck
    CJDombeck Member
    edited January 2
    Options

Hi,

I'm a minter in the process of moving over to Simplifi and hoping to get the attention of @Coach Natalie as she seems to have been helpful to others with my problem.

I've added my Delta Community CU info and was able to connect my 4 financial accounts I have there, Checking, Joint Checking, Savings, and an Auto Loan.

The transactions came in fine but the payee info for each transaction grabbed is missing merchant info. Instead of showing "Kroger", "Taproom Coffee", "McDonalds", etc it shows "Ach Withdrawal", or "Check Card Purchase", or "Online Transfer". Simplifi seems to be prioritizing the type of transaction and not he merchant ID.

In addition, when I open the transaction detail for any of them Simplifi shows "Appears on your DCU Checking statement as Check Card Purchase on Dec 28, 2023." Still missing Merchant info.

But, The categories that Simplifi assigns to each of these transactions are pretty accurate and reflect the type of merchant. Also, when I attempt to filter transactions by Payee in these accounts, Simplifi shows lots of merchant names and they are effective at filtering. So I'm confident that the merchant info is making it into simplifi.

Not having any merchant info automatically load into the payee field is a big headache and something I'm not able to overcome on my own.

Happy to provide more info or screenshots as needed to solve for this.

• Coach Natalie
    edited January 5
    Options

@CJDombeck, thanks for posting regarding this issue!

We had another post for this same issue with credit card transactions from Delta Comm CU that's available [removed link to merged thread]. Are you experiencing the issue with all of your accounts at this bank or just a specific account? Also, please provide the following additional details:

1. Are only certain types of transactions downloading this way (i.e. only transactions where a debit card or bill pay was used)?
    2. Is the issue unique to this specific bank (i.e. do you have other banks in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem)?

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• Mastordron
    Mastordron Member
    edited January 4
    Options

@Coach Natalie,

I'm experiencing this exact same issue. I read the other thread that you linked and can confirm that both are what I am seeing. I am at the point where I am going to request a refund and move to a different product. This issue renders Simplifi useless to me unfortunately.

All debit card transactions are having this issue. I have credit cards from Chase and Amex that load in just fine. This seems to be only for my debit card transactions from DCCU.

I see that the most recent post in the other thread was from October. Has there been any update on resolving the issue?

• CJDombeck
    CJDombeck Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie Yes, I am having the very same issue as in that thread you linked.

1. All transactions are downloading this way.
    2. Yes, The issue is specific to my DCCU checking and joint checking. I have a capitol one credit card and Simplifi displays the merchants just fine.

Thanks for your attention to this.

• Coach Natalie
    edited January 8
    Options

@Mastordron & @CJDombeck, please provide the following data so we can add you to the ticket for this issue:

1. The name(s) of the account(s) the transactions reside in as it/they appear in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. A screenshot of the Transaction Detail window for a few example transactions the issue is occurring with (taking these from the Web App will be much easier and will show all of the data in just one screenshot per transaction, as we will need to see the Date, Payee, and Amount, as well as the "Appears on your statement as…" info).
    3. A screenshot of these same example transactions as displayed on the bank's website.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• CJDombeck
    CJDombeck Member
    edited January 8
    Options

@Coach Natalie

1. The names as they appear in Simplifi are: "DCU Checking" and "DCU Checking J".
    2. Attached are the requested screenshots from Simplifi.

3. And the corresponding screenshot from the credit unions website.

Thanks!

[removed screenshots for privacy]

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@CJDombeck, thanks!

I got you added to the ticket and will let you know as soon as we hear back.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, this issue should now be resolved for newly downloaded transactions. Can you all take a look in Quicken Simplifi and let us know how it goes, please?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• CJDombeck
    CJDombeck Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie I see the merchant info coming in, that’s great.

some follow up questions:

-If I were to unlink and delete those accounts and then re add them, is it likely that Simplifi would pull all the merchant info for the transactions as a fresh import?

-my wife is considering Simplifi as well, is this a “full fix” of that institutional connection or would her account need special attention?

Thanks for you help in resolving this, worlds better!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@CJDombeck, awesome, I'm glad things are fixed for you!

As for deleting and re-adding the accounts, I'd like to say that yes, the fix would apply to all of the transactions since they'll be freshly downloaded. However, banks typically only provide 90 days' worth of transactions when initially connecting to them, so you may end up with less data. If that's okay with you, you can certainly give it a try!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.