Projected Cash Flow on Mobile App Showing Reminders For Posted Transactions

Options
Doug Hall
Doug Hall Member
edited April 5 in Report a Bug

The projected cash flow on the mobile app for my checking account is showing reminders for recurring payments that have already posted. Since they have already posted, Today's balance already takes those transactions into account. And since they are showing as reminders, they are effectively counted twice for cash flow.

There are three such reminders that are showing in cash flow today.

The reminders only show in projected cash flow. They do not show in the "Upcoming" for the account since they have already posted.

This is only happening on the mobile app. The projected cash flow chart on the web app does not duplicate the transactions.

Tagged:

Comments

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Doug Hall , could you also provide some screenshots to show what’s going on? That will allow others to doublecheck or confirm and, ultimately, better assist you.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Doug Hall
    Doug Hall Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Flopbot , Here are two relevant screenshots.

The first shows the recent posted transactions for the account.

The second shows the cash flow for the account.

Note that the three outlined posted transactions are also showing up as reminders and thus being deducted (again) from the available balance.

• Josh_Currier
    Josh_Currier Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

i think there is a bunch of us having the same problem. its a new bug i think. It only happens when the transaction is in a "pending state" once it clears the extra reminder goes away. but it does create crazy confusion while it's there.

• Doug Hall
    Doug Hall Member
    Options

Hi @Josh_Currier, thanks for the reply. In my case, the transactions are not pending - they are posted (in bank and in Simplifi). You can see that in the transaction screenshot I uploaded.

I find it interesting that, at least for me, this is only an issue in the mobile app. The web app does not show reminders in cash flow for scheduled transactions that have already posted.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Doug Hall, thanks for reaching out! Since you're just seeing the issue on the Mobile App, please perform an uninstall/reinstall to see if doing so clears things up for you. 🤞

@Josh_Currier, it sounds like you're reporting what was posted here:

Did this issue pop back up for you?

-Coach Natalie

• Doug Hall
    Doug Hall Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie , thanks for the reply. I just uninstalled the app and reinstalled it from Google Play. The reminders are still showing in the cashflow for transactions that are posted. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Doug Hall, I am actually seeing the same thing, and it does appear to be mobile-specific. I gathered lots of evidence of the issue and will get it reported in the morning. Once reported, I'll let you know and share the ticket number; I just didn't want to leave you hanging in the meantime. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• Doug Hall
    Doug Hall Member
    Options

Thanks @Coach Natalie !

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Doug Hall, reported! I'll let you know when I hear back. In the meantime, it does appear that it's only "today" transactions/reminders, so it's not an issue that's going to compound over time.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-18465

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In these screenshots..

You'll see "cc youtube premium" and "cc nytimes" are entered and linked, on the transaction page they are not in bills&payments carousel. But on projected page, they are listed and additionally subtract from projection. This is not right.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@RobWilk, this one has already been escalated. No fix version yet, but I'll post back here as soon as there is one. 😀

-Coach Natalie

• Jeannette
    Jeannette Member ✭✭✭
    Options

the projected balance on mobile is incorrectly adding deposits dated “today” when they are already included in the current balance. I tried with both balance with pending on and off.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I think this is the same issue

[removed link to merged thread]

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Jeannette, yes, as you can see from the discussion above, this is a known issue that has already been reported. Please be sure to follow along here for updates!

-Coach Natalie

• BeachBuminPA
    Options

Android version 4.14.1, updated on 12/4

I just noticed that the app appears to be duplicating a transaction that occurs today. I have a recurring transaction set up for a paycheck, and the transaction hit the account today, so it no longer shows up under Bills & Payments when I view the account. When I select See projected cash flow for the account, Today's balance shows the correct bank balance, but under Reminders, in the Amount & projected balance column, the balance shows the bank balance + the paycheck that hit today. For example, Today's balance shows $3000, which includes today's paycheck of $1000 that hit the bank today, under the Reminders section, there's a transaction for the recurring transaction and the Amount & projected balance column for the transaction shows $1000 and a balance of $4000.

When I view the browser/web version for the same account, in the Projected Cash Flow graph, today's projected balance shows the correct bank balance.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@BeachBuminPA, thanks for reaching out!

This is a known issue that has already been reported; please be sure to follow along here for updates.

-Coach Natalie

• jgarcia36
    Options

I had two reminders for today. Transactions cleared and reminders disappeared from the account. However, when looking at the Cash Flow projection for that account, the reminders for today are still there, and the projected account balance for tomorrow is what it should be minus the amount in the reminders (it subtract the amount of the reminders to the current balance, but the current balance already includes the cleared transaction). Is there any way of avoid this issue?

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @jgarcia36,

To assist with this issue, could you please provide more information? Are you seeing this on the Web App, the Mobile App, or both?

If it is happening only on the Mobile App, then it sounds like you're impacted by this known issue:

[removed link to merged thread]

If it is happening on the Web App or on both the Web App and the Mobile app, then could you please provide more detail and screenshots of the issue (with personal information redacted) so we can look into it further?

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• jgarcia36
    Options

Only on the Mobile app. I did not notice the previous posts about this issue. Thank you very much.

• BeachBuminPA
    Options

Any update on this @Coach Natalie or @Coach Kristina?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@BeachBuminPA, no update as of yet. As soon as we learn any news, we'll be sure to post back here accordingly.

Thanks for your continued patience!

-Coach Natalie

• MoneyFan
    MoneyFan Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie can we please get an update on this bug? The mobile app is not very useful without this feature and the bug has been open for several months.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

@MoneyFan,

As of today, I am not seeing any updates. Once we have news, it will be posted to this thread, so please follow this thread to get any updates, when available.

Thank you for your continued patience!

-Coach Kristina

• ramcduffie
    Options

same issue and has been going on since October. Chat help could have simply sent me to this thread instead of the circular conversation I had to endure for over an hour. This was not an issue prior to October, yet 4 months after its report on here and verification that it’s happening in all mobile platforms it’s still unresolved. This is very concerning for the consumer trust in Simplifi development. It’s time to get this fixed please!

• Coach Natalie
    edited February 22
    Options

Hey everyone! A fix for this issue can be expected with the 4.19.0 5.0.0 Mobile Release/4.1.0 Web Release.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Jseagull
    Jseagull Member
    Options

On the ver 4.2 web app I notice that my checking account balance is correct but does not match the balance shown on the checking account cash flow balance graphic. The difference in the balance is a transaction that posted today (March 2). That schedule bill is omitted from the cash flow graphic analysis but still shows as a scheduled bill in the table of recurring bills, i.e., inconsistent data. So it seems like the account posting and balances in the cash flow analysis our out of synch with each other AND the cash flow graphic balance doesn't show the scheduled bill that is shown in the recurring bill table below the graphic.

Is it the apparent balance error a result of a delay in processing and recognizing a cleared transaction that updated the checking account balance?

Is this problem related to the incorrect checking cash flow balance on the Android app? Is it a separate issue? If it is separate is that issue logged somewhere else or should I create it?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, the cash flow issue is specific to the mobile app. Use the web app for this chart in the meantime.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Jseagull
    Jseagull Member
    Options

Thanks, I think it might have been a delay in updating the graphic after the transaction posted to my account. Now both the graphic amount and acct balance are consistent.

The delays in updating some data cause some of the issues.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for this fix. I had a bill scheduled for today and paid today and it is no longer double counted in the balance or showing under the cash flow projected balance screen on the mobile app.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Jseagull
    Jseagull Member
    Options

I don't have version 5 mobile yet so my balance isn't corrected.

The current checking account balance is correct but a bill reminder set to post (late to post) doesn't show up in the list of reminders, so isn't taken into account in the ongoing cash flow balance.

The late bill reminder was due Friday but is likely delayed in posting at the bank checking account. But it dropped off the reminder list because it is late/past due.

This discussion has been closed.