PayPal - Missing credit card account

Options
Monizrr
Monizrr Member

Good afternoon,

I have a PayPal account with an attached PayPal Extras Mastercard Credit Card (Issued by Synchrony Bank).

I have tried to connect this account via Simplifi with both PayPal connection options available in Simplifi and they both only give me the option to select the Checking account (PayPal Balance).

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Monizrr, thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue!

Let's go ahead and look at getting this escalated. To do so, please provide the following additional information:

1. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    2. Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process?
    3. The name of the missing account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    4. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie

• waydave
    waydave Member
    Options

I am having the same issue, I add the account via "Paypal Credit, Mastercard, Crypto" and Simplifi will connect but fails to add the credit account with no error codes displayed.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@waydave, I'm sorry to hear that you're also unable to add your PayPal credit card account in Quicken Simplifi!

If you'd like to have your case reviewed, please provide the above-requested information (see here), as well a screenshot of the Add Account screen from Quicken Simplifi showing that the account is not presented as available to add when using the "PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto" option.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Monizrr
    Monizrr Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for getting back to me.

- I use this card almost every day.
      - Not that I am aware of.. I sign in through PayPal, then I click on the Paypal Credit card link on the PayPal main page. It then logs in through the PayPal Extras Mastercard credit card back end as it always has.
      - On the PayPal main page the name of the account shows PayPal Mastercard… when Clicking to go to the credit card page the name shows as "My PayPal Card - PayPal Extras World Mastercard" Screenshot attached.
    4. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
      1. Paypal Credit card summary page

2. PayPal Main page - could it be possible that my main PayPal account is a PayPal business account in the name of Zip Gear Technology? My Paypal Credit card attached is not a business card but a personal card in my name.
    - PayPal homepage whole page grab

- PayPal Homepage website screenshot.

Hope that helps a bit.

-Ryan

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks for providing the requested information, @Monizrr!

I have gotten this issue escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10540357

• BK18
    BK18 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I am also having this issue. It was working fine for several months before, but for the past week I can only download transactions from the Paypal account, not the Paypal mastercard. I have reset the connection, and each time I do, it gives me the option to add the checking account but not the credit card, so the credit card account remains disconnected as shown here:

Here is my info:

Yes, lots!

Not that I know of.

Paypal Cashback World Mastercard

4. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the
    page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any
    private info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this
    must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

[removed screenshot for privacy]

• shuruev
    shuruev Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue here, upvoting

• Pchamb1998
    Pchamb1998 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The connection to PayPal Cashback Credit Card is absolutely broken. Please fix the issue.

• shuruev
    shuruev Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie was there any update regarding this issue? This is extremely frustrating, every time the PayPal sync gets broken (2-3 times a year) this is a huge problem for all of us who uses PayPal Mastercard…

• waydave
    waydave Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie This issue is still persisting for multiple users, perhaps this should be pinned as a "known issue" for the community, since it seems to happen multiple times per year.

• Pchamb1998
    Pchamb1998 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

It’s a huge pain…the issue is with Synchrony. YNAB is reporting outages with synchrony branded Mastercard accounts. Wish Quicken would provide status updates. @Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Monizrr, thank you for your patience as the escalation was being researched! We heard back from our service provider stating that this is a known issue with PayPal credit card accounts and that they're working on a solution. We may end up getting an Alert up for this, however, I'd like to escalate another case or two just to be sure. In the meantime, all I can suggest is to keep trying to add the account periodically while they work on the known issue.

With that, @BK18, I did go ahead and get your case escalated (thanks for providing the required info!) and will let everyone know when I hear back. If one other person would like to provide the info for an escalation (see here), that would be great!

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10545289

• BK18
    BK18 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie Thank you!

• nordwl
    nordwl Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

also having this issue but will not be posting my details publicly

it's the whole reason i even got a subscription to this app (to manage my paypal card and budget since '4 letter m' went to crap) and apparently that does not work

• Harwick
    Harwick Member
    Options

I'm also having issues with my PayPal Credit and PayPal Mastercard not showing up as available accounts (even when connecting through the Credit/Crypto version of Paypal)

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@BK18, your escalation also came back as a known issue that they're working on. We have been receiving quite a few reports of this issue, though, so we went ahead and escalated it a different way. I added yours and @Monizrr's info to the new escalation, however, they will also need logs from both of you. Please submit them to us by following these steps and then let me know once done:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

For anyone else seeing this issue (@shuruev, @Pchamb1998, @waydave, @Harwick), please provide the following information so we can add you to the ticket:

1. The name of the account as it appears on the bank's website.
    2. If applicable, the name of the account as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.

Don't forget to submit your logs as well! Thanks, everyone!

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8002

• Pchamb1998
    Pchamb1998 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Paypal cashback world mastercard..[removed - privacy]

1. If applicable, the name of the account as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.

Paypal Account Checking Acct: •••XXXX0 (not even sure what this is)

Sending logs now. @Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Pchamb1998, thanks!

To clarify, have you ever added the PayPal Credit Card account in Quicken Simplifi? If so, you should see it as a separate account from the Checking account that you listed above for item #2. The Credit Card account would show as "disconnected" under Settings > Accounts. Otherwise, if you've never had the account in Quicken Simplifi, or if you deleted it due to this issue, we wouldn't need that info since it doesn't apply.

Also, have you attempted to, or are you currently using the option listed as "Paypal Credit, Mastercard, Crypto" to connect the Credit Card account in Quicken Simplifi?

-Coach Natalie

• Harwick
    Harwick Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie

1. PayPal Credit
      2. PayPal Cashback World Mastercard [removed]
      1. Both accounts were previously in my Simplifi; I deleted them in an attempt to solve the connection issue. Now when I try to re-add them via "PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto" they do not show as available.
      2. The only account available to add is my PayPal balance, which already has been added to Simplifi via the "PayPal" connection.

[removed screenshot for privacy]

• BK18
    BK18 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie Logs sent!

• Pchamb1998
    Pchamb1998 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie It would be a new connection. I am using the PayPal crypto connection

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks @Harwick, @BK18, and @Pchamb1998!

-Coach Natalie

• shuruev
    shuruev Member ✭✭✭
    Options

PayPal Cashback World Mastercard ••6313

PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto – "PayPal Mastercard" Credit Card ••••6313

@Coach Natalie also sent logs as requested.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@shuruev, thanks!

Before I add you to the ticket, I'm unable to locate an account called "PayPal Mastercard" Credit Card ••••6313 from our end. I see one called "PayPal Mastercard" — is this the account? If so, it looks like it's in an 'account not found' state, which is different from the issue we've reported. Have you tried resetting the connection for the account, by chance?

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections

-Coach Natalie

• shuruev
    shuruev Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie sorry I am not following. The account name is "PayPal Mastercard". The account type is "PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto".

Attaching a screenshot for clarification:

Btw, I am no longer receiving sync error messages – was the issue finally resolved? 🤞

• BK18
    BK18 Member ✭✭
    Options

It worked for me today. I reset the connection, it gave me the option to add both Paypal account and Paypal mastercard, and missing transactions were downloaded.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone! Is anyone still experiencing an issue adding PayPal accounts in Quicken Simplifi?

@Monizrr @waydave @Pchamb1998 @Harwick

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Monizrr
    Monizrr Member
    Options

This has not been fixed for me yet.

• Pchamb1998
    Pchamb1998 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie the issue appears to be resolved. I have had a healthy connection for the past 2-3 days. Thanks for helping with this issue.

• BK18
    BK18 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still working for me as well

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.