Options
System
System Administrator admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

PayPal - Missing credit card account

Comments

• tjmill02
    Options

I am also having the same issue. My transactions show up from Paypal, but my balance shows $0 even though it is much more then that.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@tjmill02, I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing a balance discrepancy with your PayPal account in Quicken Simplifi.

Please troubleshoot this issue by following the steps here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4202003-how-to-resolve-balance-discrepancies

If the issue persists, please provide a bit more information, such as:

• What type of PayPal account is it?
    • What's he balance on the bank's website versus Quicken Simplifi?
    • Are there any pending transactions on the bank's website and/or in Quicken Simplifi for the account?

Thanks in advance!

-Coach Natalie

• alinds
    alinds Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie I am also experiencing this issue with PayPal Credit. I've removed and re-added PayPal Credit by following the updated instructions, but my PayPal Credit balance displays as $0.00 despite the fact I carry a balance (and could see that balance displayed 1-2 weeks ago in Quicken Simplifi). I do, however, see transactions on my PayPal Credit page (screenshot attached) but the balance says $0.00. Would the fact that the balance is comprised of "Special Financing Charges" have anything to do with it? (PayPal Credit doesn't charge interest for 6 months on purchases over $99 charged to PayPal Credit). Maybe those are categorized differently and Simplifi's code/logic isn't accounting for them?

I'll keep an eye on this thread to track progress.

EDIT: My PayPal Credit account balance is $1,537.92 with a $200 payment en route/not yet posted.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@alinds, thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry to hear you're also seeing this issue in Quicken Simplifi!

Although I'm not sure how the financing situation works with PayPal or how that may impact Quicken Simplifi, you should see a matching balance between the bank's website and Quicken Simplifi. When you sign into the PayPal app/website, do you see a $1,537.92 balance? And if the transactions are downloading correctly in Simplifi, did that $200 pending transaction download as well? Also, just to clarify, is PayPal Credit a credit card?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• alinds
    alinds Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie, yes, when I log into PayPal Credit's app/site, I see the $1,537.92 balance (plus a newer charge since I last wrote). The $200 has not yet posted to PayPal Credit, so I do not see it in either PayPal Credit or Simplifi. The newer charge does appear in transactions in Simplifi as well as PayPal Credit.

PayPal Credit is a digital credit card/line of credit. I do not have a physical card. But, it is a separate entity from plain "PayPal" which acts as a checking account. Like others in this thread, it seems the Simplifi PayPal Credit balance is reflecting my "PayPal" balance instead of my PayPal Credit balance. But the correct transactions for PayPal Credit are appearing in Simplifi.

Again, this used to work as expected and appears to be a regression.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@alinds, thanks for confirming!

Since the balances don't match, let's go ahead and look at getting this escalated. To do so, please provide the following information:

1. The name of the account in question, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The name of the account in question, as it appears on the bank's website.
    3. A fresh screenshot of the balance for the account in Quicken Simplifi.
    4. A screenshot of the balance displayed on the bank's website for the account.

-Coach Natalie

• alinds
    alinds Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie, thanks, per your request:

1. PayPal Credit in Quicken Simplifi
    2. PayPal Credit on PayPal/Synchonry
    3. Latest in Quicken Simplifi
    4. Latest in PayPal Credit

[removed screenshots for privacy]

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks, @alinds!

I have gone ahead and gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10548050

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@alinds, the escalation came back as a known issue, but we actually went ahead and escalated this a different way, as we've also had other users reaching out with the same problem. I'd like to get you added to the new ticket, however, we do need to gather your logs first. Please submit them by following these steps and let me know once done:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• alinds
    alinds Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie, cool, thanks for the quick turnaround! Glad to hear it's known by the team. I submitted the feedback as you instructed.

I'd like to add that SOME of the transactions I see on the Quicken Simplifi account page for PayPal Credit are charges I've made using PayPal, not PayPal Credit. Moreover, those charges are ultimately charged to my Chase credit card. PayPal (not PayPal Credit) should just be a middle-man. (e.g. I am in an online shopping cart, select Pay with PayPal, log into PayPal modal, select one of my saved credit cards, and complete the purchase).

This is less of an issue since I can manually reassign those charges to my Chase credit card myself. But, I just wanted to note that it's another area where PayPal and PayPal Credit wires are getting crossed.

Thanks again!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@alinds, thank you! I got you added to the ticket and will let you know as soon as we hear back. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8012

• dln
    Options

Hello, is this still a known and active issue? I just signed-up and added my PayPay credit account, and the balances aren't even close. Thanks.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@dln, thanks for posting!

To clarify, are you seeing the same $0 balance that's been reported in this thread? Or are you seeing a different balance discrepancy? If the latter, you'll want to create a separate post to outline the separate issue.

We look forward to assisting you!

-Coach Natalie

• alinds
    alinds Member
    Options

Hi, @Coach Natalie are there any updates on this issue, or do you know if it's been added to the devs' roadmap? Thanks!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@alinds, there's no update to provide as of yet. The issue has been escalated, so I'll be sure to let you know as soon as we receive an update on that escalation.

Thanks for your continued patience, and we apologize for the delay!

-Coach Natalie

• 63r50n
    Options

What is the status of this escalation? It is still not working properly. My PayPal CREDIT in the quicken Simplifi app still shows PayPal CREDIT as $0 even though I have a balance of $300. What's going on?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@63r50n, thanks for posting on this topic!

Although there is still no ETA to provide on a resolution for this, it does look like a fix is awaiting implementation, and I'm assuming that it will be a global fix. Once I post back here to let @alinds know the fix has been implemented, please be sure to let us know if it's still not working for you.

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.