American Express won't connect as biller

Options
simpluser23
simpluser23 Member
edited November 2023 in Bills and Income

I'm trying to get American Expressed connected as a biller on a recurring payment, but the status only says that its connecting and then show the attached window upon timing out. I haven't been able to break this loop after several tries. One time, my American Express app verified a login attempt with me and the Simplifi page then asked to send a login notification verification to me, but after authorizing the verification with American Express, the status would still remain on "connecting."

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@simpluser23, thanks for reaching out!

It looks like the Biller account is in a locked state, most likely due to not being able to complete MFA. I went ahead and submitted a request to have the account unlocked so you can try again and I will let you know when I see an update. However, you should also receive an email from the team that handles these cases when the issue is resolved. Otherwise, you may consider looking at changing your MFA settings with American Express directly to see if you're then able to connect to them as a Biller in Simplifi.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.