How do I see what area was overspent? (edited)

Options
Skyla
Skyla Member
edited November 2023 in Using the Spending Plan

How do I see what area was overspent? It just says the amount.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@Skyla You may not be overspent in any one category at this time but your overall planned expenses are exceeding your planned income. Since your Bills and Subscriptions are more or less fixed amounts, what you can do is either adjust how much you are contributing to any Savings Goals you may have set up or go into your Planned Spending section and make adjustments to one or more categories.

By lowering how much you may be contributing to Savings goals and/or by reducing the amounts set aside for your Planned Spending categories you can bring your Spending Plan expenses into alignment with your actual planned income.

In your case, you need to reduce your planned spending or SG contributions by at least $9.10 to get back into the green.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer

Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Skyla

Are you overspent for your whole Spending Plan? Perhaps you could share a screenshot of the overspent indicator.

In the meantime two places to check are your Planned Spending categories and your "Other spending" section.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Skyla
    Options

going into over spent or other spending does not specify where it was

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Skyla ,

Looks like Danny's got things well under control. Just adding one somewhat unrelated item to this discussion that might make life easier in the future. Doing a screenshot of your entire desktop is certainly fine, but - especially when we're checking the community on mobile - it can make it hard to see the pertinent details. One of my absolute top three favorite bits of software ever is called Snipping Tool and, best of all, it comes free with Windows - which it looks like you have based on your screenshot. You can find it by searching for "Snipping Tool" in the "Type here to search" box in the lower left-hand corner.

It looks sorta like this and is super easy to use.

Best of all, it lets you just do little screenshot "snips" of just the part of the screen that you care about - not the entire screen. Especially useful for this community, it lets you black out anything you don't want to entire community to see (ex. Account balances and the like).

Glad to have you in the community!

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I believe snipping tool is also available by pressing Shift+Windows-key+S, but i don't currently use Windows primarily so I cannot test it (on a mac it's Shift+Cmd+5).

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.