Halloween Ice Breaker

Options
Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited November 2023 in The Water Cooler

Let's have a little Halloween fun with a couple of icebreaker questions!

If you had to live in a Halloween movie, which one would you choose? Why?

What villain or monster do you think is misunderstood?

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I haven't seen many halloween movies, and i don't think i'd want to live in any of the ones that I have.

As per which was misunderstood, I see a witch in that picture, perhaps one thought of as wicked, but from what i hear of 'wicked' (never seen it) maybe they weren't so evil.

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"Uncle Was A Vampire" (Original title: " Tempi Duri per i Vampiri") (1959) Directed by the Italian writer and director, Steno (1917-1988). Staring Renato Rascel, Sylva Koscina, Lia Zoppelli.

Not exactly a Halloween movie but this was one of only two "horror" movies I actually watched all the way through as a kid… it was hilarious… at least to a 9 or 10 year old and in my 9/10yo imagination it would be fascinating to live in an old castle vampires and all!

The last question is a bit of a trap and I'm not falling for it 🤣. OK, maybe I'll fall for it just a little. Misunderstood monsters?! If the "monster" is indeed misunderstood or I have come to see or been convinced that something/someone is a monster then that "monster" is not truly a monster in the first place. It/they are simply labeled "monster" for some monstrous reason in my thinking. A monster by it's very nature is just that, a monster and no amount of justification can change that. Once again, if something has been made out to be a monster - something we have done a lot - but indeed is NOT a monster then that thing/person never was a monster in the first place.

😁 OK, I've really gone way to far with this… it's a problem I have of overthinking things.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Nightmare Before Christimas is probably the one I'd most like to live in.

The whole point of Casper is to be misunderstood, so I'd probably go with him/her (I've never been clear on that)

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This year, I've seen more 'nightmare before christmas' decorations than ever around my neighborhood. For example, one has 3 blow up characters from the movie, and another has like a 15 foot tall Jack Skellington that talks/sings (animated). I still haven't seen that movie in its entirety yet (I've tuned into parts on TV). I have Disney+ and suspect i could see it there, though.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

If I HAD to live in a Halloween movie, I think I'd choose something like Haunted Mansion where the ghosts are harmless enough to not be very scary. Most likely because it's a Disney movie, but it definitely beats being stuck in a horror flick like Halloween or Friday the 13th where everyone is getting murdered!

As far as misunderstood monsters, I agree with @DannyB — if the monster is indeed misunderstood, is it really a monster? But @RobWilk makes a great point too regarding witches; the idea of "witchcraft" has varied so much over the centuries and has always been based on perception. With as understood as the world is today, were history's "witches" even really witches?

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Halloween!

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Haunted mansion is a good choice. I had just seen it in the last week, and am visiting the ride its based on this weekend (2 week trip)

Rob Wilkens

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would prefer to be the kids in "Meet Me in St. Louis". It was a simpler time and they made a big Halloween bonfire and threw flour into the face of suspected monsters. Well, that is kind of rude. LOL

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

This discussion has been closed.