Android App: Spending Plan "Next Month" button non-functional in DeX mode

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2023 in Report a Bug

My primary computer is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+. I connect it to an external HD monitor with Samsung DeX, which gives me a pretty good desktop experience.

The Android mobile app doesn't work well in this configuration (it's not intended to) as the graphics are often a funky size. But due to bugs in the web app that the mobile app doesn't share, I sometimes am forced to use the mobile app.

I'm thinking specifically of setting up or editing an existing recurring bill. In the web app in my configuration, it is impossible to define an end date - the edit box is non-functional. So I have to use the mobile app to do this.

This morning I discovered that when I go to the Spending Plan in the mobile app in my hardware configuration, the "Next Month" button is not functional, making it difficult to create a new recurring bill that starts in the future. (Not impossible - I can still set a "Next Date" value in the set up dialog, it just requires a bunch of extra steps.)

This button works fine when the mobile app is used in a non-DeX experience.

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited October 2023
    Options

@ajbopp, thanks for posting this issue to the Community!

To clarify, are you using the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App on your tablet or on your mobile phone? If the former, since we don't technically offer tablet support for the Mobile App and instead recommend using the Web App from a tablet, we wouldn't be able to escalate the issue or anything along those lines. However, please let me know if this is not the case and we'd be happy to take a closer look.

If this is the case, though, you might consider using the Mobile App on your mobile phone if possible when trying to work around the issues you've reported with a mobile/tablet web browser. This may give you better results, or at least provide a better experience. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@coach_natalie Yes, that's what I ended up doing. I suppose the greater request is to fix the web app so I don't need to go to the mobile app to do certain functions.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

This discussion has been closed.