Could the "Upcoming" transactions include credit card payments?

Options
RiversideKid
RiversideKid Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Bills and Income

The upcoming transactions are based on historical repeated transactions. Why does this not include credit card payments?

Personally, I would love to know when a credit card payment is coming so that I can move funds from savings to cover it. Currently I am tracking this myself but I think this would be easy for Simplifi to handle.

Quicken for Windows user since 1994 (After MYM for DOS)
Simplifi by Quicken since 2023

Tagged:

Best Answers

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I schedule a recurring credit card payment at statement cycle.

Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Here's how I handle my CC's in Siimplifi. I've been doing this for a long time now and it works really well for me. Once I receive the statement and enter the amount of the payment in the Recurring Series, the amount shows up in Upcoming, the Spending Plan, and on the appropriate account’s Projected Balance Graphs, etc.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.

Answers

• RiversideKid
    RiversideKid Member ✭✭
    Options

This is good news, Thank you to both RobWilk and Flopbot! This gives me the date (likely approximate date) when the charge will come out.

Can't Simplifi detect the statement balance and due date for those of us who pay cards in full each month? All of my cards are set to take the full statement balance at the due date.

Where Chris's suggestion helps, it seems that Simplifi should be able to detect the items I need without manually typing the data into the upcoming transaction each month when the statement drops. (I stopped paying attention to credit card statement years ago as my Quicken desktop app has been pulling the transactions regularly. Now that Simplifi keeps up with transactions at each login I see no reason to ever look at the credit card statements unless it is to spot check or troubleshoot.)

I connected biller with a couple of cards and it appears that DiscoverCard is supported as Simplifi asked me if I wanted the reminder set as 'statement balance', 'min. payment due' or 'don't auto update.' Is this something that will come to all credit cards in the future? Does this process work? (I saw where Chris in Flopbot's share does not use this feature.)

Thank you for the guidance.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@RiversideKid, yes, the only way Simplifi would be able to automatically update the balance would be to link the Recurring Series to the Biller using Bill Connect: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4962798-using-bill-connect-to-track-your-bills

The way you can determine if a Recurring Series is linked to the Biller is by the little linked icon under Settings > All Recurring:

Since it looks like your Discover Card is linked, this should definitely work for you for this particular credit card. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• RiversideKid
    RiversideKid Member ✭✭
    Options

This is good and works well. Thank you! We do have 8 other credit cards that refuse to link to the biller so I'll have to follow Chris's advise above and enter those manually each month but the technique described does answer my question regarding the upcoming transactions.

Thank you Coach Natalie, Flopbot and Robwilk

This discussion has been closed.