Nationwide 401k connection error fdp-102

Options
dlb
dlb Member
edited December 2023 in Adding and Updating Accounts

I keep getting error FDP-102 on my Nationwide 401k retirement accounts. It’s been happening for several days. Reset connection does not fix.
thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@dlb, thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties connecting to Nationwide 401k in Quicken Simplifi. A 102 error indicates that the bank is temporarily blocking or throttling connection traffic. For this particular error, we do want to allow at least 48 hours for it to self-resolve, but I do see that you've been receiving it for several days now. To clarify, the error is happening on an existing Quicken Simplifi account, correct?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• dlb
    dlb Member
    Options

Yes the error is on an existing Quicken Simplifi account. Thanks!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@dlb, thanks for confirming!

Please provide the following information for an escalation:

1. The name of the account that's receiving the error, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.

-Coach Natalie

• dlb
    dlb Member
    Options

There are 2 accounts both called Nationwide 401k. One is specifically OTC, INC. KIM and the other OTC, INC. DAVE

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks, @dlb!

It looks like this may actually be a known issue, but I got an escalation submitted regardless so we can find out for sure. I'll let you know when I hear back.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10565061

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@dlb, I heard back on the escalation and they'd like us to schedule a debugging session with you. To request a session, I need:

1. To confirm that the email address and phone number associated with your Quicken Account is your best contact info (if it's not, please DM me the preferred contact info).
    2. To gather general availability from you — I'd say starting next week and over the next few weeks, provide your general availability, such as before or after a certain time on x days of the week, etc. Please also share your time zone with your availability.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• dlb
    dlb Member
    Options

Contact info is correct.
    Available Nov 6, 7, 10; 10am-12-pm CENTRAL.
    Or Nov 13, 15, 17; 10am-12-pm CENTRAL

Thanks

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@dlb, thanks!

I have requested the session; if they're able to schedule within the times you provided, you'll receive an email with a confirmed date and time, so please keep a lookout. Otherwise, I will be back in touch. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• dlb
    dlb Member
    Options

Sounds good, thank you!

• Impending6705
    Options

I am having this same issue

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Impending6705, thanks for posting, although I'm sorry to hear that you're also seeing this issue in Quicken Simplifi.

We can certainly take a look at escalating your case as well, however, we do need to cover the basics first. With that, is the error occurring on an existing account in Quicken Simplifi, or when attempting to connect to Nationwide 401k for the first time?

-Coach Natalie

• Impending6705
    Options
    There was an error displaying this embed.

In my case it's a first time connection.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Impending6705, escalated! I'll let you know when I hear back.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10588853

• rpellegrini
    Options

Hi Coach Natalie,

I'm having this issue as well - with a long-time connected account. I tried resetting the account through Simplifi, but that did not work. I'm also affected by the E*Trade Roth IRA login issue. Please keep escalating this issue with your teams. Being able to log into a single portal to track all of my accounts is core functionality of the product. My patience, and I assume others' patience, is wearing thin with these issues.

Thank you.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Impending6705, it looks like they also want to schedule a session with you. To request the session, please provide the following info:

1. Confirm that the email address and phone number associated with your Quicken Account is your best contact info (if it's not, please DM me the preferred contact info).
    2. Your general availability — I'd say starting next week and over the next few weeks, provide your general availability, such as before or after a certain time on x days of the week, etc. Please also share your time zone with your availability.

@rpellegrini, we apologize for the frustration. Let's wait and see what happens with the existing escalations/sessions, and then we'll go from there. I'll let you know if we end up needing an additional example, and I'll be sure to let everyone on this post know as soon as we receive an update.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Impending6705, any word on your availability for the session? Please let us know, thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@dlb, it looks like they got a fix in for this issue. Can you give it another try and let me know how it goes, please?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• rpellegrini
    Options

Everything works. I appreciate the efforts of you and your team. Thank you.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@rpellegrini, glad to hear it!

@dlb, were you able to take a look at yours, by chance?

-Coach Natalie

• Impending6705
    Options

I can also confirm that it's been working for a few days now as well, thank you!

Heads up that it sounds like they're going to do some pretty big updates to their website between Jan 12 and 16 according to an email they just sent out. That'll probably break things again!

• dlb
    dlb Member
    Options

Yes it is working again for me the last few days. I had a pleasant and productive meeting with the developers and I believe they were able to capture the error in real time. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.