I shared my Simplifi access with my wife but it is requiring her to have a separate subscription

Options
System
System Administrator admin
edited November 2023 in Using Space Sharing

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Ability to Have Multiple Spending Plans [edited] (2 Merged Votes)

Tagged:

Comments

• imstylin1
    Options

I shared my Simplifi access with my wife but it is requiring her to have a separate subscription, even in the browser. This makes no sense. Can you offer any suggestions?

Thanks.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It was my understanding, and i haven't yet tried it, that a separate subscription was only required if they wanted their own dataset separate from yours. I would like to know if this is the case as well.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@imstylin1, thanks for posting!

Please follow the steps in this support article to share your Quicken Simplifi Space with your wife: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6443103-how-to-share-your-quicken-simplifi-data

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

@RobWilk I shared with my wife and set it up for her, but she never opens it. I might as well stop sharing.

It's just a simple sharing when you don't want to share your id and password. I think most households are like mine where one does it and the other likes to be blissfully ignorant of the accounting. Spending money is her part, though she is very frugal like me.

I may be wrong but I suspect the problem was sharing and trying to open it first in the Phone App. Apparently, one has to do it first on the web app. Obviously, she doesn't use the web app either!

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@SRC54 Thanks for the explanation — I was talking to someone about maybe sharing my access with them today, but we kind of agreed to put that off a while, and just review spending verbally.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.