Cannot link reminders to manually entered transactions

Options
Pmrussell892
Pmrussell892 Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Troubleshooting

i use all manual accounts. When a transaction is entered manually into the register, and then sepect the reminder to link to a transaction, manually entered transactions are not shown for linking. This causes paid bills to show in the cash flow and causes a "your balance is forecast to be negative" message. Reminders should be allowed to be linked to manually entered transactions.

Best Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Pmrussell892, thanks for posting!

If the transaction was manually entered, it must be linked to the Reminder from the transaction directly. Our support article here has the info and steps as follows:

You can also link a transaction to a Reminder from the transaction directly:

Note: If you'd like to link a manual transaction to a Recurring Reminder, it must be done from the transaction directly.

1. Hover over the panel on the left-hand side and select Transactions.
    2. Select the account where the transaction occurred.
    3. Locate the transaction you'd like to link, hover over it, and click the three dots at the end of it.
    4. Select Link to existing recurring.
    5. Locate the associated Recurring Series and select it.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Pmrussell892, I'm glad you got things worked out.

Yes, I've noticed that there are times when I link a transaction to a Series from the transaction directly, the Reminder for that month doesn't go away. I think it's because when you link from the transaction directly, you're linking to the Series; whereas when you link from the Reminder directly, you're doing so from that single instance. It doesn't do it every time, but I have noticed it when using that method. Basically, you end up with a Reminder that doesn't need to be there, so deleting the Reminder fixes things right up. 🙂

As for the issue with still seeing linked Reminders in Projected Cash Flow on the mobile app, this has been reported. Please follow along here for updates:

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Pmrussell892
    Pmrussell892 Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok, Just did as instructed and linked it to the upcoming reminder but the reminder still is in the upcoming which causes my cash flow projection to be incorrect. What gives?

• Pmrussell892
    Pmrussell892 Member ✭✭
    Options

I entered the transaction, and used the three dots on the right to link the transaction to the reminder. However, the reminder still shows as unpaid, and is affecting the future cash flow projection.

• Pmrussell892
    Pmrussell892 Member ✭✭
    Options

These three images show my current account balance before entering the transaction, After entering the transaction, and then the upcoming reminder which shows the account balance to low by the exact amount of the entered transaction. It would be expected that when I link the transaction to the reminder the reminder would be removed from upcoming.

• Pmrussell892
    Pmrussell892 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

also when I now look at tue cash flow for the account the bill is listed twice. One is the entered transaction, and the other is the reminder. Both are showing in the projected cash flow of the account on my iphone 12 pro max.

• Pmrussell892
    Pmrussell892 Member ✭✭
    Options

looks like if you use the link "Mark as bill or recurring" at the bottom of the "transaction entry" page and select "link to existing recurring" the above issues occur.

I just unlinked the transaction, deleted the transaction, them recreated the transaction and saved (did not use link within the transaction entry page) and rather used the three dots to the right and that seems to have removed the reminder.

Question is why tye difference between the two methods? They both say "link to existing recurring" ?

• Pmrussell892
    Pmrussell892 Member ✭✭
    Options

Sorry about all the posts. More to the above message. The web version is now displaying correctly and did remove the reminder from the projection graph which allows proper forecasting. However, I just checked my Iphone and the transaction is still showing in the "projected cash flow" screen of the account (However, the reminder is gone, I stated above the transaction and reminder previously showed)

The transaction should not be showing in the "projected cash flow" of the mobile app. I use an Iphone 12 pro max.

This discussion has been closed.