Why are almost all transactions showing as income?

Options
Jeffd
Jeffd Member
edited December 2023 in Managing Your Transactions

new user here. My first download of transactions went well except almost all checks and debit card items came in as Personal income.

I would like to understand why this happened as well as how to fix those items. I’m using a Credit Union and have no experience with Simplifi.

I went in and changed a few items to remove the green plus sign but didn’t see any change in balance. Others I changed the category to remove Personal Income.

I’m not really sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Jeff

[edited image to reduce size]

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Jeffd, thanks for posting!

It sounds like you're seeing a reverse register for the account in question. Do income transactions show as an expense in Quicken Simplifi as well? What credit union is it, and what type of account is it? Do you have any other accounts with this bank in Quicken Simplifi?

If you have not already done so, I'd suggest fully deleting your account(s) with this bank and then re-adding it/them in Quicken Simplifi in hopes of better results. Since the data is wrong anyway, and since it sounds like you've only made a few manual adjustments, I think this would be your best bet. If the issue persists, we'll need to look into an escalation for you.

Please let us know how it goes — fingers crossed!

-Coach Natalie

• Jeffd
    Options

thank you,

It’s three checking accounts and one savings. Everything comes in as personal income. In the credit union app it has +and - with each transaction and that is correct. Meritrust CU

• Jeffd
    Options

I’ll try starting over and see what happens, thanks

• Jeffd
    Options

I deleted all accounts and then reconnected. Same outcome, everything comes in as personal income.

Thanks Jeff

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Jeffd, thanks for giving that a try and posting back!

I have some questions to clarify the issue before we move forward with an escalation:

1. By "everything comes in as personal income", do you mean that all transactions are income (positive) transactions? Or are all transactions being assigned the Category of 'Personal Income'?
    2. Are the transactions that show as positive transactions in your screenshot supposed to be expenses?
    3. Did any actual income transactions download, such as getting paid in your checking account, etc.? If so, do these show as expense (negative) transactions in Quicken Simplifi?
    4. Is the same issue occurring in Quicken Simplifi for all 4 of your accounts with this bank?
    5. Have you tried adding the accounts on the Quicken Simplifi Web App instead of the Mobile App to see if you get different results?

Please let us know, thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.