Honda Finance 108 Error Code

Options
msl2424
msl2424 Member

I'm a long-time Mint user coming over to Simplifi. Tried adding my Honda Finance account ("Honda Finance American - Owner") in Simplifi, and it's giving me the following error message:

To connect to your account, you must complete an action at the website for Honda Finance American - Owner. Care Code: FDP-108.

However, I am able to log-in directly to the account without issue, and there is no pop-up or any kind of message in the account requiring my attention. I tried logging-in sousing Incognito and multiple web browsers, and the result was the same. In case it matters, I noticed that this financial account, which is used for Honda car loans, uses multiple URLs for logging-in, including: hondafinancialservices.com, americanhondafinance.com, and honda.com.

A similar discussion is taking place on the Quicken forum: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7941473/cc-508-with-honda-financial-services-qwin

Is there a fix for this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@msl2424, thanks for posting, and welcome to Simplifi!

A 108 error indicates that there's some form of messaging or something along those lines that needs to be acknowledged on the bank's website after signing in. This could be a prompt to update your contact info, confirm your security questions, or even promotional material. Since it sounds like you've already tried a different browser, I'd suggest checking the bank's mobile app as well if you use it. More details on a 108 error can be found here.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• msl2424
    Options

Thanks for your reply. There is no mobile app. It’s just the website, and as mentioned, there is no prompt to review or update anything, or any promotional material. Something else is going on, and I ask for technical support to investigate and resolve. 

• msl2424
    Options

Update: I just tried adding the account again, and this time it worked. Nothing seemed different. I’ll report back if it breaks.

This discussion has been closed.