Category checkbox on iPhone mini

Options
Atm111
Atm111 Member
edited January 2 in Report a Bug

I notice that when I assign a category to a transaction using the iOS app on my iPhone mini 12 the checkbox to create a rule for future transactions is half visible off the right-side screen - making it difficult to check.

[edited image to reduce size]

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Atm111, thanks for reaching out!

I'm not personally seeing this issue on my Android device, and I also have a device with a smaller screen.

Let's have you try a full unsintall//reinstall of the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App to see if doing so clears things up for you. Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Atm111
    Atm111 Member
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion! I removed and reinstalled the app and still seeing this behavior. Thanks!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Atm111, thanks for giving that a try and posting back!

In order to escalate this as a dataset/device-specific issue, we'll need the following information:

1. The Make, Model, and OS of the device you're accessing the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App from.

Please also provide your logs by using the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

-Coach Natalie

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Seeing the same thing on my iPhone 13 mini. It's similar on an iPhone 15 Pro, but the checkbox is technically not off the screen. It does look like it should be wrapping there, but it's less obvious unless you are paying attention to other text margins in the app.

• iPhone 13 mini: checkbox off the screen as shown above
    • iPhone 15 Pro: checkbox closer to the edge than I'll bet the design team had intended it

iOS 17.1.1 on both devices

I'm not surprised you aren't seeing it on Android. It looks like an iOS Auto Layout issue that should be pretty simple to resolve.

I didn't use the Send Feedback option from the web app because it didn't seem applicable to an issue in the iOS app.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@khad, thanks for posting on this topic!

Since I'm unable to replicate the issue, we will need to gather the specific data from you to submit a bug ticket. First, can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing from your devices, please? We want to be able to submit a picture of the issue from the user whose info we're using for the escalation. We will also need to gather those logs from you. Even though the logs are submitted from the Web App, they will have captured all of the Mobile App stuff as well.

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

-Coach Natalie

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Done – with a link to this thread. 👍

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@khad, thanks!

I went ahead and got this reported and will let you know when I hear back.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-18843

• Atm111
    Atm111 Member
    Options

Thanks Coach Natalie and @khad! I wasn’t near my PC last week but glad the information was provided!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@khad & @Atm111, a fix for this is expected with the 4.15.0 Mobile Release. 😀

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.