AssetMark, Inc./ewealthmanager.com not connecting FDP-105 error (edited)

Options
I2Hunna
I2Hunna Member

Hi there!

I've been loving Simplifi so far, but I really wanted to find a way to connect my investment accounts to the platform. I've tried the above all throughout this week, but I have not had any success. I keep getting error FDP-105, and it does not seem like this forum has had similar issues with the same site. Anything I can do here? Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@I2Hunna, thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulties connecting to Now AssetMark, Inc. in Quicken Simplifi. A 105 error indicates that the bank is temporarily throttling or blocking connection traffic. For this particular error, we do want to allow at least 48 hours for the issue to self-resolve before submitting an escalation.

I see that you've been receiving the error since the 5th, so I think we can certainly look into an escalation for you. First, though, with the particular message that's shown from our end, it may be an issue with attempting to connect during peak hours; can you give this a try tonight outside of peak hours and let us know how it goes, please?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• I2Hunna
    Options

Hi there!

Thanks for the response. I tried again now at around 12:40pm, but it still did not work. I also have been trying all week.

Could I get an escalation now? I've tried basically every day so far and gotten nowhere. Thank you so much!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@I2Hunna, please try again tonight outside of peak hours. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• I2Hunna
    Options

I tried again outside of peak hours (8:35pm). Still does not work. Could I get an escalation now? Thanks!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@I2Hunna, thanks for giving that a try and posting back!

When viewing your connection attempts from our end, the most recent attempt I'm seeing is on 11/8. To clarify, you are still attempting to connect to the option listed as Now AssetMark Inc, correct? If not, can you give that option another try? For this particular error, we'll need to submit the escalation using a more recent attempt than something from 2 days ago.

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• I2Hunna
    Options

Apologies, there are two different institutions that lead to the same place. The first is eWealth Manager, and the second is Now AssetMark, Inc. Both list the same website (ewealthmanager.com), but neither work. The former is the one I tried last night, but I've also the tried latter multiple times.

Sorry for the confusion!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@I2Hunna, ahh I gotcha — thanks for clearing that up, as well as for trying again with Now AssetMark Inc. I went ahead and submitted the escalation, and will let you know as soon as I hear back. 😀

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10587950

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@I2Hunna, thanks for your patience as this was being researched!

We heard back on the escalation, and it appears that Now AssetMark Inc is currently down for maintenance. They didn't provide an ETA on a fix, so I suggest just continuing to try every so often.

Sorry for not having better news!

-Coach Natalie

• Gdvose
    Options

I am having this same issue - And have been experiencing the same issue since around May/April of this year. I've tried about once a month or so to get my Assetmark/Ewealthmanager account to sync into Simplifi and it had also given me a FDP-105 code.

Currently I am just updating those account manually but I would really LOVE if someone would be able to get Simplifi to sync these seamlessly.

THANK YOU!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Gdvose, we can certainly submit an escalation for you as well just to receive the extra confirmation that this is a known issue. First, though, is the account in question in an error state in Quicken Simplifi, or do you see it in the "Manual Accounts" section under Settings > Accounts? If the former, can you provide the name of the account as it appears in Quicken Simplifi, please?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Gdvose
    Options

The error occurs when I try to add the account to my Simplifi Account so that they can sync automatically.

These accounts are currently in Manual Accounts, but simply as cash placeholders so that I can manually update these on a month-to-month basis in order to get a full picture of our financials.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Gdvose, thanks for confirming!

It doesn't look like you've tried connecting to Now AssetMark Inc since the 13th. Unfortunately, we can't submit escalations for something that old, so we'll need you to give this another try in Quicken Simplifi. Once done, let me know if the error persists and I'll submit an escalation using the new attempt.

-Coach Natalie

• Gdvose
    Options

Natalie - I sent my original message in this thread on the 11/13.

But, I just tried again and it again failed and gave me Error Code FDP-105

• Coach Natalie
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Gdvose, thanks! I went ahead and escalated this using the new attempt, and will let you know when I hear back.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10618647

• thebpower
    Options

Good evening, I have also been experiencing the same 105 error. I attempted multiple times today and yesterday. I attempted it today several times outside of peak hours (at 9:30pm CST) and still had no luck. It would seem that there is a bigger problem with the connection than just throttling. Could you please check for me too @Coach Natalie? Thanks.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Gdvose, your escalation came back as a known issue as well due to the bank performing maintenance. At this point, I'd say that they are aware and working on it. They didn't provide an ETA on a resolution, so I'd suggest continuing to try every so often for now.

@thebheffect, I'd suggest the same for you as well.

Sorry for not having a better answer, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.