System
System Administrator admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Simpifi not connecting to bank of america

Tagged:

Comments

• danintherc
    Options

When I try to add my BofA account to Simplifi it keeps saying "Bank of America is unable to authenticate you. Please go to www.bankofamerica.com or our mobile banking app for assistance." When go to BofA I can login just fine. Problem is with like from Simplifi.

• danintherc
    Options

I called BofA 3rd party online support and she doesnt show any problem on their end or with the login account

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@danintherc, thanks for reaching out!

Since Bank of America uses an OAuth API to connect in Quicken Simplifi, it sounds like you may have some kind of pop-up blocker or something along those lines that's preventing you from completing the required authentication. To better understand the issue, please outline the process you're going through to connect the account(s), and at one point you run into the problem you outlined above.

-Coach Natalie

• danintherc
    Options

I tried as Coach Julio said to use an incognito window and that solved the problem. I added my Bank of America account just fine doing it that way. Thanks for your assistance with that. Now all i need to do is solve my missing Fidelity Roth IRA Account.

This discussion has been closed.