Fidelity connection down for weeks FDP-105 error (edited)

Options
AlexB
AlexB Member ✭✭✭

Hey! Who else has this? I'm not able to connect to Fidelity for weeks. When connecting using 'Fidelity' connection get this:

We are unable to connect to Fidelity Investments Mac at this time. Please try again later. Care Code: FDP-105

And when trying Fidelity NetBenefits:

Request failed with status code 403 Care Code: QCS-0403-2

Tagged:

Comments

• Missourian
    Options

same.

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

interesting that it mentions the text “Mac” in the error message … as if using the QMac protocol stream -

We are unable to connect to Fidelity Investments Mac at this time.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@AlexB, thanks for reaching out!

The 105 errors with Fidelity are a known issue:

Basically, Fidelity blocks us at market open and close, so we suggest adding/updating your Fidelity accounts outside of peak hours in hopes of better results. We're hoping that migrating to Fidelity's OAuth API in the next few months will fix this. Also, I'd suggest using the option listed as just "Fidelity" in Quicken Simplifi.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Dave_Howe
    Options

How do I select the option listed as just "Fidelity" in Quicken Simplifi?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Dave_Howe, the steps for adding a connected account in Quicken Simplifi are here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4295304-adding-accounts-in-quicken-simplifi#how-to-connect-and-add-your-account--

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• Dave_Howe
    Options

NOPE. Fidelity was connected and all stocks and bonds were recognized and their value downloaded. Now it is just stuck, not updating. I can manage the Fidelity account just fine through the Fidelity web logon so there is no immediate concert. JUST SAYING <smile> It sure would be nice if Simplifi would keep the numbers updated. Thanks for your reply - keep working on it! Dave

• Dave_Howe
    Options

MORE DETAIL - the mystery continues…

In Dashboard - Accounts: Fidelity total is incorrect - total is many days old and off by $3K.

In the bubble "Investments" holdings are listed; some correct and some not.

Tesla is a valid holding and the value is current as of 10 minutes ago. SO - IT IS BEING UPDATED!

Likewise for several other holdings - they are valid and the values are very current.

One holding FSK is something I sold over a week ago. It is invalid AND the value is wrong.

Holdings for Verizon and NVIDEA do not show even though they were purchased 11/27.

I HOPE this helps with resolving the mystery. Dave

• MikeyTheDude
    MikeyTheDude Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

This is a deal-breaker for me. As a new customer, if I cannot get my Fidelity account linked, I will leave Simplifi. Why am I getting the following error when attempting to link my Fidelity account?

"We are unable to connect to Fidelity at this time. Please try again later.
    Care Code: FDP-105"

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @MikeyTheDude

Sorry to hear your having this problem and I hope it gets worked out expeditiously!

According to this support article, "Top Bank Download Solutions"

• Error Code(s): 101, 102, 104, 105, 155, to.100, or others.
    • Error(s): FI_TIMEOUT, FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE, FI_BLOCKING, or others.

Quicken Simplifi presents this generic messaging when we're unable to connect to a specific bank. Usually, this occurs if the selected bank is throttling connection traffic, the bank's website, or the URL we use to connect is unavailable, or they're completing maintenance on their services. However, you may be able to log into the bank's website successfully and still receive this error in Quicken Simplifi because Quicken Simplifi connects to your bank using a different server.

…and the same article mentions Fidelity and a few other banks specifically…

Fidelity and Vanguard Users: We currently have a known issue with both banks blocking connection traffic during peak hours. Our team is actively working to alleviate the downtime. However, in the meantime, we suggest trying to add/update your account(s) outside of peak hours or over the weekend.

@Coach Natalie may have further insights into to this issue.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

@Dave_Howe, if you're experiencing an issue outside of a 105 error with Fidelity, please create a new thread to report the issue.

Please be sure to include as much detail as possible to outline the issue, as well as screenshots if applicable, so the Community can get a clear picture of what's going on and be able to best assist you.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

well - things were ok - and now today - they are not …. back to Quicken roulette -

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

was ok - now back to Quicken roulette -

• elliev
    elliev Member
    Options

I used to use Mint for free and never had these problems. Now I'm paying for Simplifi and constantly have varioius accounts that 'need attention'. I am wasting way too much of my time trying to figure out how to use this app as advertised. Fidelity is now down. What is the dev team doing to fix this? Fidelity says it's on Quicken to fix.

• Coach Natalie
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hey everyone, I'd suggest connecting your Fidelity accounts using the new option listed as "Fidelity-Investments & Retirement" in Quicken Simplifi —

If you end up needing to link your accounts with the new connection, please follow the steps here to do so: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4959544-how-to-link-accounts#h_1e4aff1120

Here's a related article: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8649018-important-update-fidelity-investments-connection-update

Hopefully this connection works better for everyone!

-Coach Natalie

• madmoondog
    madmoondog Member ✭✭
    Options

The above option works, as that's exactly what I did over on Mint to test. I did have to delete my old fidelity account- I suppose I could have just marked it as closed, but the information would have been duplicative. I am not sure why the above is not listed front and center under Help nor comes up on the chat bot as a solution at least not as of this morning. For a paid service, I'd expect better communications, even Mint despite shutting down, was more clear on what needed to be done by users.

• RetirementInReach
    edited December 2023
    Options

Also having this issue… If I connect my account thru "Fidelity-Investments & Retirement", is it going to create a second Fidelity account w/ duplicate transactions (that I will need to recategorize)?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@RetirementInReach, you'd want to link the accounts found to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts to avoid duplicates.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4959544-how-to-link-accounts

-Coach Natalie

• swiederin
    Options

I am tired of the disconnect between Fidelity and Quicken Simplifi. I like Simplifi when it works, but its getting very frustrating having to fix the connections between the two companies. Seems like when one problem is fixed, another arises.

New Simplifi user. 25 year Quicken desktop user.

• apezam
    apezam Member
    Options

Fidelity issues continue. New error message. Please help

UnCategorized Error: Connecting with partnerUid: fidelity_akoya_prod for intuitProperty: quicken, intuitUserId:
    9130357575015176, intuitRealmId: 9130357575015206 on user authorization, error_code: Connection Issue

• ryeandgin
    Options

I was able to connect using Natalie's solution to select, "Fidelity-Investments & Retirement". Thank you!

• AlexB
    AlexB Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same. Connected, actually it looks like it reconnected using new mechanism. Hope that works better now.

I clearly see Simplifi is improving connectivity like all my issues with Amex were resolved after they implemented similar new mechanism.

If you look for reasons why Mint closed their app they said it was too hard (expensive) to support various integrations for a product no-one pays for. That's a huge issue to support countless integrations and I feel Simplifi is improving here. Not everything ideal but it seems worth it's money.

This discussion has been closed.