Mission Square (formerly ICMA-RC) FDP-103

Options
phil_
phil_ Member

Is anyone able to connect your account to Simplifi? Mint also wasn't able to connect. Guessing a problem on their end. Bummer to not be able to connect my main retirement account through employer.

Ensured login info was correct by logging into main site at https://retirement.financialtrans.com/msq/ . No app password requirements to speak of.

Care Code: FDP-103

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

@phil_, thanks for your patience as this was being researched!

We heard back on the escalation, and it appears that this is a known issue. They didn't provide an ETA on a fix, but they did say they are aware and actively working to resolve this. For now, I'd suggest just continuing to try every so often.

Sorry for not having better news for you!

-Coach Natalie

Answers

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @phil_,

To assist with this issue, let's try some troubleshooting. Generally, the FDP-103 error comes up if the financial institution server tells us the login credentials are incorrect. There are a few different things that can cause this.

First, I can see there are a few different options for ICMA. Which one(s) have you tried connecting to?

Do you get the same error no matter which one you pick?

To verify the password is correct, if you haven't done so already, when trying to connect the account, please click on the eye icon at the right side of the Password field to make sure everything is typed correctly.

If you use a password manager, you may want to try typing in the information manually in case the information stored in the password manager is out of date.

You mentioned that you have already verified the password works on the financial institution's website. If you've tried connecting the account in Simplifi again since then, you may want to double check, just to verify the financial institution didn't lock the account.

Since you did mention that the financial institution's name has recently changed, have there been any other recent changes? For instance, did they change the URL you use to login to your account?

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• phil_
    Options

I've tried connecting to all three of those using the verified correct username and password, same FDP-103 error in each case. Verified that the account is not locked, just logged in recently.

icmarg.org redirects to missionsq.org. The new login URL is https://retirement.financialtrans.com/msq/ .

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@phil_, thanks for posting back!

When clicking on the URL in Quicken Simplifi, I'm redirected to Mission Square, which appears to be the same site I'm redirected to when clicking your link. So I'm not sure that the URL is the issue. With that, it doesn't look like you've tried connecting using the option listed as "ICMA-RC IRA" — can you give this a try, please? Also, just to confirm, this issue is occurring when attempting to connect for the first time, correct?

If the issue persists, we can certainly escalate the 103 error, however, we do need to make sure that all troubleshooting steps are thoroughly followed before doing so. In addition to the steps provided above by @Coach Kristina, please go ahead and give these a try:

1. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    2. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• phil_
    phil_ Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Ok. Just reset password to Mission Square and tried connecting to Simplifi via the ICMA-RC IRA option with new password. Same FDP-103 error. Yes, this issue is occurring when attempting to connect the account for the first time.

Perhaps the /login at the end of the URL will change things? https://retirement.financialtrans.com/msq/login

Thanks for everything, so far.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@phil_, thanks!

Let's go ahead and get this escalated. To do, so please provide the following information:

1. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    2. Has there been any recent changes made to the bank's website or its sign-in process?
    3. What is the exact URL you use to log in to your account on the bank's website (I'm assuming it's the one you provided above, but need to confirm)?
    4. What type of account(s) are you attempting to connect in Quicken Simplifi (I'm assuming it's a retirement account, but need to confirm).
    5. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page on the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    6. The format of your password (do not provide your actual password!). For example, "Quicken123$" would be coded as "Xxxxxxx###$", where a capital "X" indicates a capital letter, a lowercase "x" indicates a lowercase letter, and a "#" indicates numbers; the actual special character used will need to be provided.

I know some of this information is sensitive, so please feel free to DM it to me rather than posting publicly. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@phil_, thanks for sending the info! I got this escalated and will let you know when I hear back.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10600174

This discussion has been closed.