Still Unable to connect Etrade Roth

Options
ngrabner
ngrabner Member

I have 2 accounts through Etrade - 1 brokerage and 1 Roth IRA. My Brokerage account links fine, but even after the recent announcement of bug fixes I still am not able to connect my Roth IRA. When I try to add an account the alert says all accounts have already been added.

This appears to be a continuation of the issue that was announced as closed here

Comments

• tobyN
    tobyN Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Same issue here, except for I had partial success. I had previously been able to add my regular brokerage account with Etrade. Today, after seeing the note regarding the fixed Etrade issue with retirement accounts, I went in to add my two retirement accounts (one traditional IRA and one Roth IRA). It found the traditional IRA and seems to have added it successfully. But it did not find the Roth IRA as something that was able to be linked. So something still seems off with Etrade and (some) retirement accounts.

Quicken since 1995. Simplifi since 2023.

• tobyN
    tobyN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Interestingly, when I first setup Simplifi a month or so ago, I was able to add all of my wife's Etrade accounts without any issue. Brokerage, IRA, Roth IRA, and SEP IRA all setup fine with no issue. But my accounts would only setup the brokerage, and now today, my IRA. But Roth IRA a no go.

• junofirst
    Options

Same thing is still happening for me. My Etrade Roth IRA account doesn't show up, but my Traditional IRA and other accounts from Etrade do.

• cb138
    cb138 Member
    Options

I just saw that this discussion got closed.

I re-added my etrade account. Now in addition to my brokerage account my Rollover IRA now shows up but my Roth IRA still doesn't show up.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hey everyone, we're sorry to hear you all are still experiencing an issue connecting your Roth IRA accounts to Quicken Simplifi. We'd like to go ahead and get this reported; to do so please provide the following info:

1. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    2. Is the account considered an external account (i.e. are you redirected to a different website when selecting the account on the bank's website?)
    3. Is the account a subtype of a different account?
    4. Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process?
    5. If the issue is occurring on an existing Quicken Simplifi account, the name of the account as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    6. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    7. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    8. A screenshot of the Add Account screen in Quicken Simplifi showing that the Roth IRA account is missing at account discovery.

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Feel free to DM any of this info to keep it private. Thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• Brian23
    Brian23 Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie - I have this issue still also. I'll send you a PM.

• EarlyRetire
    Options

Hi, I understand that Coach Natalie said the situation was resolved, but I am still unable to add my ROTH IRA with E Trade. All of my other E Trade accounts show up.

• tobyN
    tobyN Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I have edited this post and will DM you my info instead.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Brian23, thanks for providing the requested info!

I got a ticket submitted for this and will let everyone know when I hear back. For any other users experiencing this, we can keep adding examples to the ticket, so feel free to provide the requested info as well (see here).

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8182

• KSlater
    Options

I have the same issue with ETrade. I tried adding my ETrade account for the first time today. I have 2 brokerage accounts, 1 IRA and 1 RothIRA with ETrade. When I added ETrade in Simplifi the only listed are the 2 brokerage accounts and 1 IRA. The RothIRA is not listed.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, if we could get at least one additional example of this issue to report, that would be great. (@tobyN, you have been added.) To be added to the ticket, please provide the following info:

1. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    2. Is the account considered an external account (i.e. are you redirected to a different website when selecting the account on the bank's website?)
    3. Is the account a subtype of a different account?
    4. Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process?
    5. If the issue is occurring on an existing Quicken Simplifi account, the name of the account as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    6. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    7. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    8. A screenshot of the Add Account screen in Quicken Simplifi showing that the Roth IRA account is missing at account discovery.

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Feel free to DM any of this info to keep it private. Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Glimmer3721
    Glimmer3721 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

@ngrabner

A Reddit post mentioned (in the Simplifi subreddit) that if they removed the word "Roth" from Simpifi, by renaming how it looks in Simplifi, they were able to import their Roth from Fidelity.

Might be worth a try.

• tobyN
    tobyN Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I'm trying to post a reply to this, but it is not taking it. Not sure if it had too many characters or some weird embedded character or something else going. So a more brief response is that it does seem to be related to the word Roth in the account alias you have setup at Etrade (not the name in Simplifi). I removed Roth from the account alias at Etrade and was able to get the account added successfully. I will post more details if I can figure out why my longer response was not making it through.

ADDED:

Here is a longer response I was trying to add to the Etrade issue thread, but for some reason it was not saving it. It details the steps I went through to get the Roth IRA added successfully. Pass it along if you want. For the moment, my Roth account is connected in Simplifi!

The word Roth in the account alias at Etrade seems to make a difference in trying to add it in Simplifi.

But not in the name in Simplifi (because I had no account for the Roth IRA created yet because it could not find it at E-Trade. It seems to actually be if the account name in E-Trade has Roth in it (actually the Account Alias is there wording).

In E-Trade, the Account Alias was set to Toby Roth IRA. Simplifi reports that it does not find any account available to be linked.

I changed the Account Alias in E-Trade to Toby X IRA. Went back to Add Account in Simplifi and it found it! I cancelled out so it would not actually add it yet.

Then I went back to E-Trade and changed the alias back to Toby Roth IRA. Repeated the Add Account process in Simplifi, but could not find the account this time.

Back to E-Trade again and changed the alias to Toby XRoth IRA. Simplifi still could not find it to add. So apparently if the word roth is anywhere in the alias for the account, that somehow causes it to have a problem finding it.

Back to E-Trade one last time and changed the alias to Toby X IRA again. Add Account in Simplifi found it again and this time I completed the process and it added the Roth IRA successfully to Simplifi.

So, if anyone having this issue has a similar alias for their Roth IRA, you may want to try this.

Once in Simplifi, I was able to change the name that is shown in the account list to have the word Roth in it. Don't think it caused a problem, but time will tell.

I'm afraid to change the alias in E-Trade back to the one with Roth in it, so for now I will just leave it as Toby X IRA.

• KSlater
    Options

As crazy as it sounds, this solution is working for me as well. In ETrade by account nickname was "Roth IRA" and it did not show up in Simplifi when trying to add the account. In ETrade I changed the nickname to "RIRA", and was then able to add the account in Simplifi. In Simplifi I have changed the name to "Roth IRA", and in ETrade I have changed the nickname back to "Roth IRA". So far everything seems to be working.

As someone who works in software development, I can't begin to imagine why the nickname on the account would determine whether Simplifi sees the account and can add it.

• Glimmer3721
    Glimmer3721 Member ✭✭
    Options

All,

Remember to leave feedback as @Coach Natalie posted above.

Looks like we've helped get everyone closer to finding the cause of the problem (Simplifi not importing if the word "Roth" is on the account you're trying to import.)

• tobyN
    tobyN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

OK, there is no possible way that having the work Roth in the account name could make a difference….😕

Oh, wait. I stand corrected. 😆 Something about that DOES seem to fix it…

But not in the name is Simplifi (because I had no account for the Roth IRA created yet because it could not find it at E-Trade. It seems to actually be if the account name in E-Trade has Roth in it (actually the Account Alias is there wording).

In E-Trade, the Account Alias was set to "Toby Roth IRA". Simplifi reports that it does not find any account available to be linked.

I changed the Account Alias in E-Trade to "Toby X IRA". Went back to Add Account in Simplifi and it found it! I cancelled out so it would not actually add it yet.

Then I went back to E-Trade and changed the alias back to "Toby Roth IRA". Repeated the Add Account process in Simplifi, but could not find the account this time.

Back to E-Trade again and changed the alias to "Toby XRoth IRA". Simplifi still could not find it to add. So apparent if the work "roth" is anywhere in the alias for the account, that is somehow cause it to have a problem finding it.

Back to E-Trade one last time and changed the alias to "Toby X IRA" again. Add Account in Simplifi found it again and this time I completed the process and it added the Roth IRA successfully to Simplifi.

So, if anyone having this issue has a similar alias for their Roth IRA, you may want to try this.

Once in Simplifi, I was able to change the name that is shown in the account list to have the word Roth in it. Don't think it caused a problem, but time will tell.

I'm afraid to change the alias in E-Trade back to the one with "Roth" in it, so for now I will just leave it as "Toby X IRA".

Good luck.

• tobyN
    tobyN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Here is the attempt to post my longer response:

The word Roth in the account alias at Etrade seems to make a difference in trying to add it in Simplifi.

But not in the name in Simplifi (because I had no account for the Roth IRA created yet because it could not find it at E-Trade. It seems to actually be if the account name in E-Trade has Roth in it (actually the Account Alias is there wording).

In E-Trade, the Account Alias was set to Toby Roth IRA. Simplifi reports that it does not find any account available to be linked.

I changed the Account Alias in E-Trade to Toby X IRA. Went back to Add Account in Simplifi and it found it! I cancelled out so it would not actually add it yet.

Then I went back to E-Trade and changed the alias back to Toby Roth IRA. Repeated the Add Account process in Simplifi, but could not find the account this time.

Back to E-Trade again and changed the alias to Toby XRoth IRA. Simplifi still could not find it to add. So apparently if the word roth is anywhere in the alias for the account, that somehow causes it to have a problem finding it.

Back to E-Trade one last time and changed the alias to Toby X IRA again. Add Account in Simplifi found it again and this time I completed the process and it added the Roth IRA successfully to Simplifi.

I'm afraid to change the alias in E-Trade back to the one with Roth in it, so for now I will just leave it as Toby X IRA.

Good luck.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, this issue should be resolved now. Can you all give it another try and let us know how it goes, please? 😀

-Coach Natalie

• EWJedi
    Options

Woo hoo! Worked for me!

• Brian23
    Brian23 Member ✭✭
    Options

Worked for me too! Thanks team!

This discussion has been closed.