Adding checking account manually

Options
Macd
Macd Member

My credit union recently broke support for syncing to Quicken. Both Quicken and the credit union's support are aware, say they are working on it, but have no ETA for a fix. Syncing has been broken for 4 weeks so far.

If I manually add the account and upload a CSV of all transactions now, what issues will I face when syncing starts working again? If I wind up with duplicates of everything, will it be a simple matter of deleting the manual account to fix everything? Will inter-account transactions like credit card payments end up in a broken state?

I don't want to delay getting started, but also don't want to wind up in a situation where I have to manually edit hundreds of transactions individually.

Comments

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

That I know of @Macd , I can’t think of any issues that would be caused by starting out an account as manual and then at some point switching it over to synced. I’ve done this with, at least one, possibly 2 accounts, and the only possible thing would be having to go through individual transactions and deleting any duplicates around the time that the sync starts. however, because of how Simplifi treats past transactions - they don’t play a critical role in the account balance - missing one or two transactions shouldn’t be a huge deal unless they are really large amounts that would significantly throw off your reports.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.