PA529 Investment FDP-103 error (edited)

Options
ffgwkljrrxje
ffgwkljrrxje Member

To access the PA 529 investment plan as an aggregator, per the site itself, you should connect to: https://www.mypa529ipaccount.com/aggregator

But it appears as if Simplifi is instead using:

https://www.pa529.com/plan/investment-plan/

When I attempt to connect I get an error:

Can you please look into this

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited November 2023
    Options

@ffgwkljrrxje, thanks for posting!

I'm not sure that Quicken Simplifi uses the aggregator for PA 529. I'd suggest giving both of the options listed in Quicken Simplifi a try:

If the 103 error persists, please follow these troubleshooting steps for invalid credentials:

1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URLs shown for each bank.
    2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Flynn1982
    Flynn1982 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

@ffgwkljrrxje - I had problems too (was trying to use my primary PA 529 credentials), until I found in the PA529 website under my profile settings (Password & Security Features) that there is a link at the bottom for "Manage Financial Aggregator Access". They give you another username for aggregator purposes, and you set up a separate password for this access. When I used those credentials for the "PA 529 Invest Plan" in Simplifi, it worked. Hope this helps…

[removed self-referencing link]

• ffgwkljrrxje
    Options

@Flynn1982 @Coach Natalie Thanks for the responses. I figured out the issue.

I think this is a bug in Simplifi. Due to the lack of 2FA, I bumped my password length to 32 characters, and this is the password that was failing to connect. On a hunch, I updated my aggregator to use a shorter password of only 20 characters long and I was then able to successfully connect using Simplifi. I don't know if the issue was the password length, or if maybe Simplifi has an issue with one of the random characters chosen by my password manager. But once I generated a new, shorter, password Simplifi was able to connect.

Note that in both cases, when I went to the aggregator URL( https://www.mypa529ipaccount.com/aggregator ), I was able to enter my aggregator credentials and access my account just fine. That is why I believe this is an issue on Simplifi's side.

For the record - for anybody searching this thread in the future - when attempting to connect to the PA 529 investment plan, here is the correct Simplifi dialog to use (as of Dec 2023):

You need to setup your aggregator username and password on the PA 529 investment plan site ahead of time per the screen grabs provided by @Flynn1982 above.

This discussion has been closed.