Reports->Spending->This Month

Options
Sandee
Sandee Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Using Reports

This month's spending totals are not correct, and do not match what is listed in the transaction activity below. What am I doing wrong? Changing the date range to "Last Month", "Last 6 months", etc. seems to work just fine.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sandee
    Sandee Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I figured this out. Thanks for your help, Rob. There was an errant transaction from my Mint conversion in the "everything else" category!🤣

Answers

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Sandee, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

To clarify, when transactions are excluded from Reports, you'll still see them in the Transaction Activity of the Report, they just won't be calculated. The same goes for split transactions — you'll see the full amount of the transaction in the Transaction Activity, but just the applicable split portion will be calculated. Is this perhaps what you're seeing?

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4592676-using-reports-in-quicken-simplifi

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Sandee
    Sandee Member ✭✭
    Options

Coach Natalie, that is not what is happening. If I go to Reports→This Month, it shows a total of

But the true transaction category at the bottom is much larger, and there are no excluded transactions in this month (Nov 23)

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That adds up right, realize you seem to have a large amount of income in a spending category under "everything else". Click everything else to help locate it.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.