Is there a size limit on file drops when importing transactions from csv? (edited)

Options
Vincent
Vincent Member
edited January 25 in Troubleshooting

Is there a size limit on file drops when importing transactions from csv?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Vincent,

To answer your question, no, we are not aware of any size limits on file drops when importing transactions from csv.

Are you encountering issues when trying to import? If so, could you please provide details on what is happening and any error messages or error codes you're receiving?

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

Answers

• Tom B
    Tom B Member
    Options

I was told Tuesday that it was 300 transactions at a time. Yesterday I was advised to do 200. For me, that would mean 50 times. And I am only going back three years ! I have also read here that you can expect response issues. The "import your data from Mint " claim is grossly oversold.

• neon45
    neon45 Member ✭✭
    Options

Just now, 12-20-23 I had a guy on the chat tell me I had to break my 1900+ entries into 300 transactions ………. and it still DIDN'T work. Big RED X

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @neon45,

To further assist with this issue, could you please provide more information? How is it failing (eg- not importing at all, importing but getting info wrong, etc)? Are you getting any error messages? What type of file are you trying to import?

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• neon45
    neon45 Member ✭✭
    Options

Tried uploading original MINT CSV file into desired existing account. Did not import at all. Got a message similar to this; Try Again, download failed". The download wheel just kept going around and around.

I then tired downloading the earliest 290 lines. The same error message and result ensued. "Try Again".

So, Let's get some very basic basics confirmed here and that simplifi didn't change the rules.

Point 1. Please confirm we can rename the downloaded Mint CSV file to anything we want.

Point 2. When saving the file in Win11 the format should be <your transactions.csv>.. Does it matter if we include the .CSV ? “Save as Type:” >> Text Document (*.txt)

Does it matter what the Encoding: is ??? <<< I am being presented with UTF-8.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@neon45, according to our support article, the Mint CSV file should not be modified in any way before importing it into Quicken Simplifi: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8545901-how-to-import-transactions-from-mint

When it comes to the file name, however, there is a note in the article stating: "Since importing transactions into Quicken Simplifi is an account-by-account process, you'll want to export your transactions from Mint the same way by exporting just one account at a time. The files will end up with the same name, so we suggest renaming each file to the applicable account name to ensure the smoothest import into Quicken Simplifi possible."

As far as the file type, though, since Quicken Simplifi only imports CSV files, I wouldn't recommend changing it to a TXT file. Instead, you can rename the file, but leave the .csv file extension. I'm not sure how to answer your last question regarding the encoding; I'd say your best bet is to carefully follow the steps outlined in the above-linked article to ensure a smooth import process.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• neon45
    neon45 Member ✭✭
    Options

Right…. Understand those points.

Anyhow, the points are moot now as all transactions seem to be stowed away in their new home.

Happy New Year.

This discussion has been closed.