Payee descriptions and categories are inaccurate and terrible.

Options
Coltyboy
Coltyboy Member
edited December 2023 in Managing Your Transactions

The payee descriptions are terrible and make the Simplifi much less useful. For example, if I get a haircut at Sorek barbershop, my bank transcation will say "Sorek East Austin". Simplifi will describe the payee as "Blvd" (which is a term not even associated with the business name but that term is buried in the full description if I click on my debit transaction, along with the actual name of the business). On top of that, the category is way off, in this case Simplifi thinks its a "restaurant". Why? My bank knows exactly what it is.

If I go get groceries at "Royal Blue Grocery", my bank calls it exactly that. Simplifi describes it as "Royal". To boot, Simplifi categorizes this one as "Bank"! How does my bank correctly categorize as groceries buy Simplifi seems to apply a random guess?

The amount of time spent monitoring this stuff and changing it is just not worth it.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Coltyboy, thanks for reaching out!

To better understand the issue, please share some additional details:

• Is the issue occurring with just one bank or multiple banks?
    • The name of the bank(s) the issue is occurring with.
    • The type of account(s) the issue is occurring with.
    • Are only certain types of transactions downloading this way (i.e. only transactions where a debit card was used)?
    • How does the "Appears on your statement as…" info read for the transactions in question?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.