Duplicate "pending" transactions

Options

For transactions that are "Pending" at my bank for more than a day (say, a transaction made Friday after bank hours that won't clear until Monday morning), if I make edits (assigning a different category, or linking to a recurring transaction, or adding a tag, or excluding from reports/spending plan) to the transaction in Simplifi while it is still Pending, then I frequently get a "duplicate" transaction downloaded the next day, with a new date, and the original/unedited values for category etc. that Simplifi had originally assumed on the first transaction.

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @squirrelbeforesunset,

To assist with troubleshooting this issue, could you please confirm if this issue happens only when you edit the pending transaction(s)? If that is the case, then what is most likely happening is enough information is being changed that Simplifi is not able to recognize that the posted transaction it downloaded should match the pending one. There are a couple options for correcting it, if that's what is happening. 1. Don't edit the transaction until the posted transaction downloads, so that Simplifi can match it properly. 2. Delete the unneeded duplicate.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

This discussion has been closed.