Why is paste disabled?

Options

When I add a new account, why do you disable paste in the credentials field? This is misguided. The chat support person told me the intent was to increase security, but this does not make sense. You are encouraging people to use passwords that are easy to type, as opposed to long complex random passwords, which means disabling paste is making things LESS secure.

All I can think of is that maybe you are worried about my clipboard, and that some malicious code on my machine might be reading my clipboard? If so, I appreciate the concern, but let me worry about that.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Humanleg86
    Humanleg86 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

You can paste into the field at least from iOS and windows. I use right click paste and Ctrl V.

Answers

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am curious if this is on a desktop/laptop or one of the mobile apps? I don't want to sign out of mobile to test it right now.

Rob Wilkens

• SimplifiUser
    Options

This is on the Simplifi website (Chrome Mac). Here's a screenshot. I picked Fidelity as an example, but they are all the same. Notice in the Edit Menu that paste is disabled. If I press command V nothing happens. If I click Edit Paste nothing happens.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm in Chrome on a Mac, I don't use those menus up top for cut/copy/paste, I just press Command+V to paste, and it works for me on that same screen. I just tested it.

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.